Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011

 
 
 
Hello .
 
 
Did you watch the president speak last night? We had him on, but I don't think either one of us really paid him much attention in the long run. Such a tv hound. I recall that networks would be all upset when Nixon would go over.. even more so when Clinton did as well. And bashed both Presidents Bush's when they didn't fill the whole time, yet it left the comentators just enough time to say what they thought about what was said. Guess any President can't win when it comes to prime time tv and speaches.
 
We rented some movies from blockbuster to watch this past weekend. We watched skyline (don't waste your money) it's a poor rip off of Distric 9 and V, more or less. We tried to watch Jonas Hex. but in order to hear the words we had to turn it up and I was getting a headache from the loud music, but we played it Sunday. Last night, we were going to watch "Beyond Sherwood". it just got to the point that I couldn't stand it. still in order to hear the words, we had to have it loud and the music was just blaring too loudly to even hear the words. I asked Jerry if he was really in to it and he said not really. I told him, I'll watch it on my laptop today. turn it off!!.. he put in Clash of the Titans and we could at least hear the words on that one. Discovered we had seen it befor. but we watched it anyway. This afternoon, I'll try watching "Beyond Sherwood ".
 

Outside my door ... Another cool, grey drab day. We may get some sun this afternoon but we are expected to get thunderstorms tonight.
 
The dogs ...  Are doing good. They got petted last night by a stranger. Macon  wanted all the attention and let Rocky know it. so we will have to work one on one with Macon for a bit. He has got to learn to not jump up on people.  Both are too large for that. They just love being loved up on by any one. 
 
The Kittens ... I had thought of getting one of those cardboard rolled up things for the kittens to use to rake their claws across... Not going to happen.  I have a hole behind the John that leads to the access area for the water lines.  Smokey has figured out how to run back there when he "knows" I'm putting all kittens in Kitty jail. Well, I have an empty ramein noodle box (we buy by the box at Walmart) I tore it apart for the bottom to put over that hole to stop his excaping my reach. I needed some tape to tape that up with. So I start bringing boxes out of the cubbies over the beds to find my packing tape. Turn my back for one second and I have two kittens trying to tear my box apart. Chewing an clawing at it. Yikes. run off the miscreatents. recall that we have a large roll of duct tape . ah ha moment.  since I can't get the cardboard to fit "IN" the hole. I'll just tape the hole off with Duct tape.. run the kittens off my box, again. turn my back. tear off a strip of tape. place over the hole. Run Kitties off the box, again. Tear a piece of tape. cover more of the hole. run kittes off the box yet again. Yes.. every time I tore off a strip of tape and placed it where I wanted it, I had to turn around and run one or another kitty out of my boxes. bout wore me out just covering one little hole with tape. Now they are all back there stairing at the hole to see what did I do to it.  Oh. add to the antice, I had to do a head count twice, just to be sure all the kitties were on "This" side of the hole. The dogs. all this time. were laying on my bed, watching all the fun.
 
From the kitchen...
 
**Old Fashioned Meatloaf
Ingredients
Meatloaf
1 pound of ground beef
1-1/2 tablespoons dried, minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 cup oatmeal (quick)
1 small can vegetable juice (5.5 oz)
1 egg
Sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Prepare the sauce first by combining all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, oatmeal, onion, garlic salt and egg. Gradually add in vegetable juice. Start by adding half the can, and then decide if the consistency is moist and can be shaped easily. (If you have a bit more than one pound of hamburger, you may need more, if you have less than one pound, you may need less.)
Transfer meat mixture into your ungreased 9 x 3-inch loaf pan. (For a lower-fat version, try a meatloaf pan that includes a liner with holes to allow the grease to drain out of the main pan.) Shape slightly to ensure the meat sits evenly in the pan. Stir sauce and spread evenly over the top of the meat mixture.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes until the sides of the meatloaf are browned and slightly pulled away from the edges of the pan. Drain the meatloaf and/or transfer to a platter. Let cool slightly. Slice, serve and enjoy!
 
Billie C.
http://thelifeofbilliec.blogspot.com/


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MAKEAMIXRECIPES/

Don't build your happiness on someone else's unhappiness.
Richard Rose

1 comment:

jana said...

i don't know where all your patience comes from. wish i had more of it. but, it was funny! wish i were there to see it like the dogs.i had some kittens to find a home for to. i put a list on the board at our local laundermat with pictures and all eight were gone in a week. guess alot of people read them maybe you could try it? i've found some things there to. do you have one where you wash? jana