Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28,2011

Somewhere close to this sign is a geocache.. But we havn't found it, Yet.

We had some weather last night. We had a lot of lighting and thunder last night. Our over night low so far is 44. it could drop another degree or two before daybreak. Our expected high is 64. I think it's going to be on the cool side all week from a different weather report I caught this mornig. I will be busy today cleaning up the camper.. the kittens have been very busy and there is ripped up paper in every room. I need to wash out both kennels today and do some hand washing as well.


 


I spent about an hour cleaning the van yesterday. I ended with three bags of trash. I sure hope that it smells better next time I get into it. Bad enough that Jerry smokes in the van, but add in the rest and P-U!



Outside my door ... What a night. We had some loud thunderstormes last night. Macon was up all night long I think. He's so wore out that he barely wanted to go to potty when we got up.


I have a camper full of love.. all 6 pets wants my attention. All 6 want to sleep in my bed, with out sharing it of course. Today the kitties are spending more time in Kitty jail than out. I took the two dogs for a walk and when we got back.. oh my.. the trash can had been tumbles (luckly it was almost empty) found the washclothes scattered on the floor and the bed was un-made. I was gone about 15 minutes, maybe. I am not even sure when I'll find time to craft this week because so much of my time seems to be spent cleaning up after the animals. But I love them. I am trying to find homes for a couple of the kittens before they get too much older.


 


The dogs ... Poor Rocky. Strips is really picking on him this morning. Rocky can't take two steps without strips being right under his feet. I took pity on Rocky and got him outside quicker than usual... he needed to go out any way but he was a bit reluctant about going back in the house and sure enough. Strips was right up under him again. Rocky was glade that I put all the kittens back into the kennel this morning.


 


 


The Kittens ... Are really picking on the dogs. They have tried jumping on the bed that Macon is asleep on but he's not moving. Rocky though, is being picked on by Strips and Strips is winning.



  


From the kitchen... I have a whole chicken that I bought that I want to bake. I think though, that I'll cut it in half and cut up the other half to fix later.


**


BUTTERMILK BAKED CHICKEN 1 frying chicken (about 3 lbs.), cut up 1 1/2 c. buttermilk 3/4 c. flour 1 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper 1/4 c. butter 1 can cream of chicken soup Dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk and roll in flour seasoned with the salt and pepper. Put butter in 13x9x2 inch baking pan and melt in hot oven (425 degrees). Put chicken in pan skin side down and bake 30 minutes. Turn and bake 15 minutes. Mix remaining buttermilk and the soup and pour around the chicken. Bake 15 minutes longer until tender.


 


I am hearing... I have the news on (5am)


 


I am wearing... I'm in my blue house dress (5am) after a shower this morning I'll put on some sweat pants and a warm top.. Today is going to be on the cool side.


(9am) I've changed into dark grey sweat pants and a black top.


 


I am reading... Today it will be emails and recipes. I'm so far behind in emails it's not even funny. I hate to just toss them as there may be information I want or need..


 


I am creating... a cleaner camper.


(noon) So far I have managed to wash out the kennels (both were gross) and cleaned up the bathroom. Washed and hung in the shower some hand wash, and swept the floor back there. The Kittens have all finally setteled down to sleep the rest of the day, I think.. they and the dogs will be "Up and at em" when Jerry gets home I expect. Like little kids, When Pops comes home they want to spend time with him. Ah, how I miss the days of having little kids in the home. How each evening, they would get all excited for Dad to come home. I don't know if it was because they missed him, of because they were allowed to raid his lunch box.


No comments: