The only thing better than pasta? Cheesy, rich baked pasta! Try this great recipe for Stuffed Shells and see for yourself.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
- 1 (12-ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Cook shells according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon ricotta mixture into a pastry tube or large resealable plastic storage bag with a corner snipped off. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell; place filled shells in baking dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over filled shells, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil from dish, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 to 12 more minutes, or until shells are heated through and cheese is golden and bubbling. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
a group I'm in
I urge all of you to enjoy your life, every precious moment on this earth. Spend each day with some laughter. Don't be afraid to feel; to get your emotions going. Be enthusiastic, because nothing great can be accomplished without enthusiasm. Live your dreams. ~ Jim Valvano