Friday, February 18, 2011

Feb 18,c 2011

Good Morning.
Did you miss me posting, yesterday?  I spent most of the afternoon updating my Geocache logs on their site. I'm not done but I got a good amount of the ones we found logged and a few of the ones we havn't found as well. If I saw that Jerry had logged missing caches, I didn't add to it.
 
 I had the vents up, and the back window open and the door open. I had the dogs on leads outside for a while. Rocky got in trouble (barking) so I brought them in and put them in kennels and left the door open..
the kittens were little terrors though. I have a flexable screen that I can put in the doorway. the screen door that we have, has no screen in it. I want to fix that this spring. Anyway. they would jump on to the middle (where the screen ends) and jump out.. then try to get back in, trying to move the screen out of their way.. fight each other through the screen and just kept making me get up off the couch and re-set the top corner that kept coming loose. When I put the dogs out, I took down the screen.. 5 minutes later, all 4 kittens were fast asleep on my bed.
That was before the dogs got in trouble. They can rough-house while outside but they also love to ride and will bark at trucks or cars. It's their way of asking for a ride, I think. That's why they ended up back in their kennels. Rocky tried to get loose.
 I put the screen back up a bit later so I could let the dogs out of the kennels and the kittens were back at it again. I'm going to do some measuring and see how I can fix the door so the dogs don't have to be in the kennel all the time.
I doubt a simple screen will keep all the animals in. I'll going to see what I can find I can fasten to the frame that will keep everyone in. Bars of some sort at least. That means a trip to either Lowe's or Home depot. (Jerry won't mind that, one bit)
 
I have a bit of work I got to get done today.  sorting laundry, washing up dishes, making beds and picking up in the living room. The kittens have really made the living room area a mess last night.  Ah.. I love them, and picking up is just something that has to be done. 
 
Today I'm grateful for... This great weather we are having. it's going to be in the 70's again today.
 
Outside my door ... We have lots of clouds, but less than 20% chance of rain. We didn't get rain yesterday, but it sure got muggy there for a bit. I can go outside without a jacket on and in short sleeves while walking the dogs. Love it. I'll sit outside at the table this afternoon.
 
The dogs ... Are sleeping now that they've been taking outside this morning. I took them to a different area this morning to do their early morning potty and they just wanted to explore.. Sorry dogs, it's too dark for me to want to let you do that. We will go to the area past the entrance later today so they can stretch their legs a bit more. I try to walk that way at least two times a day and can usually get in three times most days.  It's a nice walk and then after they do what needs done in the taller weeks, we will walk the long ways back to the camper.
 
The Kittens ... After an hour of running, chasing, jumping, eating, drinking, running, chasing, jumping some more, are now fast asleep, on my bed curled up next to the dogs.
 
From the kitchen... I'll have to cut this recipe in 1/2 as there is only the two of us.
 
 Burger - mratloaf
Good Meatloaf
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1/2 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
 
Combine all indredients thoroughly, form into a loaf ( 8 x 4 ) in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Spread top with 1/3 cup more ketchup, bake 15 minutes longer. Let meat loaf stand 5 minutes before slicing. (6 servings)
 
I am hearing... Morning news on the tv
 
I am wearing... right now, my blue housedress, but after I shower plan on some sweat pants and a blue tshirt.
 
I am reading... emails and recipes
 
One of my favorite things... watching the antics of the kittens as they try to best each other.  I tossed a couple of paper balls at them last night. They loved it. One of the kittens had to pull it apart to see what it was.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Well, Jerry may have to work Saturday. Won't know until he gets off work tonight.  Some say they are working this weekend and others say not.. this is normal and that's why I don't make plans for the weekend.
laundry, shopping, geocaching are on the agenda.
 
Billie C.
http://thelifeofbilliec.blogspot.com

a group I'm in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FandIWomen/

"Most of us plateau when we lose the tension between where we are and where we ought to be." ~ John Gardiner

No comments: