Monday, November 1, 2010

11 01 10, Good Morning, One egg cake


Yard art at our first site
Barnes Crossing campgrounds

For Today... 11 01 10

Whew, I was wore out last night.. After Jerry got off work and home by 3, we had to do some more "running" around. We found a laundry mat. Another way onto the Natches Trace, and followed a road for a little ways.

We stopped back at the Dollar General For dog food. While there I also picked up a salt shaker for his seasoned salt. I'm tired of havingt o chase down my seasoing salt while I'l cooking.

Of course when we got back home, the dogs needed a potty walk... and it was time to cook. a quick visit to the trees behind the camper and then I made dinner. I Browned up some hamburger, divided it in 1/2 and adding the boxed dinner I had picked up at the store. I'm saving the rest of the burger to add to another meal. Most likely it will be rice. I plan on using the rest of the pork from the other night in a pot of beans. I still have chicken to use as well. I took that out of the freezer to thaw. With three chicken breasts, I'm sure to find some good way to fix it three ways.

Once Dinner was out of the way, The dogs needed another walk. A real walk this time.. around the park. Only Jerry is tired and his sholder is hurting again. Macon keeps pulling while Jerry is walking him. Rocky pulls as well. Once the potty part of the walk was over, I told Jerry he could take Macon back to the camper and I would take Rocky for a longer walk to help settle him down.

I saw the man I helped the other day with the washers and we talked a little bit. He's looking for a job. Can work electrical, and is Union. We have nothing against Union, We are not in one, is all. Use to be, long ago. Even left in good standing. Jerry use to be the shop stewart at the plant we worked in. But now, it's not us. That man was sure trying to talk me into asking Jerry to get back in the Union. Um.. no. I did tell him to look up Trillium on the internet. He said he just might do that.

I was able to finish that walk with Rocky, but then, we traded dogs as Macon wanted to be by me and Rocky wanted to play with Jerry. Pulling on his lead and shaking it like crazy. Macon wanted to get in on that but I said "No". That's a thing that Jerry and Rocky do. After a few minutes of pulling Macon back, eain. I told Jerry "Macon's Turn". He said ok. and I walked Macon. up the hill, past the entrance, where Macon could run a bit on the end of the lead, Gathered him back up. and down the hill, up the next road and then down the next. A long walk really. as Macon and I covered each road that leads to the sites. By the time I got back home, I was wore out. I slept good last night. Yes, I plan on doing it, again.

This morning, I'll be walking both dogs at the same time, NOT near that far, though. Just to the open field that is past the entrance to the park and let them have the full lenght of the leads to run around a little bit. Exploring the ground and just doing what dogs do. Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be more intresting as we are to have rain tomorrow and then colder weather. I told Jerry, I'll have to get my coat out of the van and he said he didn't get one of the heavy coats that I thought he had gotten. One I asked him to pick up.. (GRrrr) I know I said to pick up both the Bad Dog coat and the red coat from storage. He got the bag of coats and the red coat. Oh well, I can wear the red coat but I wanted the other one. It's warmer. He's working inside so he won't need a coat for a while.

 

Outside my door ... It's still dark (6:30) It's around 45F. and going up to the mid 70's today. Rain possible by tonight,though

 

The dogs ... (6:30) are sleeping on the beds, after being told to get off several times already this morning.

 

From the kitchen... Chicken breast, cut in strips, a dip in buttermilk, dreged in seasoned instant potatoes and then baked in the toaster oven. Rice as the starch and peas for the vegetable. Think I'll make a one egg cake for dessert. I have an enameled pan that will fit in the toaster oven.

Easy One Egg Cake


1 1/4 cup flour 2 tsp Baking Powder

2/3 c milk 1 tsp Vanilla

3/4 cup sugar 1/2 tsp Salt

1/4 c shortening 1 egg

heat oven to 350°. Grese and flour bottom of a 8 to 9 inch round cake pan, or 8 inch square pan. Blend all the indredients at low speed on the mixer until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a pick come out clean. Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes, or pick come out clean.

I am hearing... Morning news on the CBS channel

I am wearing... (6:30) Blue long housedress, need to go get my shower, will update later

I am reading... most likely just emails


I am creating... a clean camper.

No comments: