Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 17, 2010, Beef n Cheese Dip, One Great Salad


For Today... November 17, 2010
 
Jerry had to work a bit later yesterday. Seems that on Monday all but two people (Jerry being one of them) left early and didn't clean up before they left. I asked as he was leaving this morning if he was going to work until 5:30 again today. "MOst Likely" he said.
WE didn't sleep well last night. Rocky was mad because he was in a kennel and kept waking us up, wanting out. Not to potty but to sleep with one of us. Sine he growled at me, for telling him to get into the kennel, he had to stay in it.
 
Outside my door ... woke up to Fog. Lots and lots of Fog. Now that it's near sunrise, (almost 7 am) it's not as foggy as when I walked the dogs after making Jerry's breakfast. A bit of a breeze may account for that.
 
The dogs ... See about about Rocky. Macon is in a playful mood this morning and Rocky is being snarky.
The Kittens ... (7am) are running around, getting into everything and chasing each outher up and down the walkway. I had plenty of company in my bed last night as they all discovered how to get into my bed. I woke up to a kitty mosh pit at my feet.
From the kitchen... Jerrry said ham when I listed off what we have in the freezer. We had baked potatoes last night so I'm thinking more along the line of noodles for the starch. Of course we'll have salad.
I am hearing... The heater fan, morning news on the tv. the kitten purring by my leg. I've put it on the floor three times now, for getting on my legs and then latching in the claws.
I am wearing... (7am, before shower) my long blue housedress.
I am reading... recipes and emails.


******

Beef n Cheese Dip
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
 
1 pound Ground Beef
1 block of Velveeta Cheese
1 jar chunky Salsa
Nacho or Tortilla chips
Brown meat in a skillet until done and then drain. Cut cheese into small blocks and add to the meat. Add salas at the same time. Heat on low heat until the cheese is melted, stirring constantly or the cheese will burn. Pour into a bowl or over chips

*****

One Great Salad
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
1 Red Delicious Apple, unpeeled and diced
1 Golden Delicious Apple, unpeeled and diced
1 Orange, peeled, sectioned, and diced
1 cup Coconut
1 cup White Grapes, halved
1 cup chopped Pecans
1/2 cup non dairy Whipped Topping
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup crushed Pineapple
Combine Apples, oranges, pineapple, coconut, grapes and pecans in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine whipped topping and mayonnaise, blending well. Fold dressing gently into fruit, mixing just enough to cover all the fruit and nuts with the dressing. Cover and chill before serving.

No comments: