Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16, 2010,Baked Chicken Loaf, Asparagus Appetizers

Macon and Rocky, Barnes Crossing Campground, Not sure what they spotted but it sure made a good picture.

Behind my neck. Not sure what we are going to name all three of these black kittens.. One may be SnotKoppie (South African for snothead) another may be Fuzzybutt.
*******

For Today... November 16, 2010
Good Morning. Well it's mid morning here. I went back to bed for an hour and now I feel a bit better. My feet and ankles still ache a little from all that walking on Sunday. but I think standing to fold laundry last night didn't help that much either. We brought about 1/2 of it home for me to fold here. I could sit on the bed and fold and put away at the same time. Jerry was falling asleep while waiting and he's so hard to wake up that I suggested he just dump two of the dryers worth into our tubs and take them to the van, I'll fold them at home. Which, surprisingly, I did. Got them all folded and put away and the beds made, even. I washed the sheets and the blankest as well.
Outside my door ... Whew did we get rain last night. I was woken up often with it just pouring down. Now, it's really cloudy and overcast but the rain has stopped. The ground really got a good soaking this time.
 
The dogs ... Did really great this morning with our morning walk.. Another lady brought her dog to the area I had ours and she kept getting closer to us. I moved us off.. it was a bit before Macon saw the other dog, Then he barked but I made him sit. He was still barking but he was sitting... I know both want to go "meet" other dogs, I just can't handle both of them getting that excited at the same time. I'm fairly sure she was walking a female.
The Kittens ... One still thinks the bathtub is the pottybox. I keep rinsing out the tub when I go back there. When I catch one using the tub, I put it in the catbox. I'm going to start cleaning the box two times a day. (yuck but gotta be done) Oh, they have discovered the yellow balls we have for the dogs.. did you know they move? they roll... and they get pounced on. Here it is. 10:30am and all the animals are asleep. The dogs on my bed, two of the kittens on my jacket on the dogs kennels and two by my hip. They will have to be moved when I get up from filling this in, to clean that cat box out for the morning.
From the kitchen... Pork chops tonight. Not sure just how I'm going to fix them, yet. thinking of baking a couple potatoes in the toaster oven. Salad, of course and most likely jello with fruit for dessert.
I am hearing... Morning news show, motorhomes leaving, kitten purring.
I am wearing... dark grey sweatpants light purple flowered top
 
I am reading... emails I am thinking... what am I'm going to fix for Thanksgiving. I only have cranberry sauce so far.. got to pick up the rest of it this next paycheck and I have no idea what all I'm going to fix yet.I am thankful for... Jerry having a job. These kittens. they are so much fun to watch.I am hoping... That the 5 days Jerry has off, we get to go do some fun things around here.I am creating... nothing just yet.A few plans for the rest of the week...
making plans for Thanksgiving dinner for two.
********

Baked Chicken Loaf
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
3 cans Chicken, drained
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Parsley
1 teaspoon Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup Bread Crumbs, divided
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl, saving out 1/4th of the bread crumbs. pour into a loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Bake at 325 F for 45 minutes.
Sauce
1 can Mushroom soup mixed with 1 cup Milk. Cut chicken loaf into squares. Pour sauce over chicken.
^ Great served over hot rice or Noodles.

******

Asparagus Appetizers
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
 
Bread slices with Crust Removed
Butter, melted
Parmesan Cheese
Asparagus
Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Dip in melted butter. Sprikle with Parmasan Cheese. Place Asparagus tip inside and roll up.
Bake at 350F until Browned.

No comments: