Friday, November 12, 2010

November 12, 2010, Baked Beans with Bacon and Red Onion

For Today... November 12, 2010
Good Morning (6:30) The cat box fits in a kennel with room to spare. The kittens stayed in it overnight and were begging to come out when we got up. I'll be letting them out in a while, when I can clean the box, and set it in the closet I want it in. and show them it's there, again. The kennel will not fit in the corner (It tilts to the back) so I can't just place it all together in there. I place a tub over it, to keep the dogs out of the cat poo. The dogs like that the kittens had to sleep in a kennel because they didn't have to. Rocky slept with me most all night, and Macon slept with Jerry. It's going to be another beautiful Fall day. Our high is going to be in the mid 70's and clear skys. Todays' plans are simple. Clean the camper, print out the grocry list, walk the dogs, and wait for Jerry to get off work.
Outside my door ... (6:30) The Sun isn't up, just yet, but there's plenty of light to see that there are no clouds in the sky. We are suppose to get rain over the weekend and the weather will turn cooler after that. There are still plenty of orange, red and yellow leaves in the trees that I can see, outside my window.
 
The dogs ... (6:30) Are sleeping on my bed. We will take a couple of walks today.
The Kittens ... (6:30) Are sleeping in a kennel. I will clean the catbox and let them out in a bit (11am) I just have to remember, I only have to put them off my lap one more time than they get in it, when I don't want a kitten in my lap. they get right under my elbows and I can't type because they are in my way. We had to come to an "Understanding" about playing behind my neck just a bit ago.. I guess they finally got tired of climbing back on the couch to get behind my neck.. I now have all 4 lined up agains my left leg and hip. sleeping. they must have finally gotting the hint.
From the kitchen... Dinner will be out tonight (it's payday) Not sure where we are going.
I am hearing... The fan on the heater, Morning news on the tv. Rocky barking at someone who just drove in.
I am wearing... (6:30) brown sweat pants and my blue house dress. Will change into a top, after my morning shower. (11 am) brown Sweat pants my purple flowered top, black tenny shoes. My hair is in a pony tail.
 
I am reading... emails and recipesI am thinking... about all the things I "Need" to pick up from the store and how few I may accually get. High on the list is 6 pillows, and pillow cases to cover them with.I am thankful for... Jerry working and taking care of me. And his tolerance for animals. I am hoping... That Jerry gets off a bit early tomorrow se we can go to a gun, knif and car show. There is also a crafts show in the same area.I am creating... A clean camper for us to live in. Daily cleaning can get so boring but I hate how it looks when it's not straightened up. I'm going to mix up my "to do" list a bit to break up the boredom a bit for the next few weeks. Moving the living room ahead of the bedroom. I hate not making beds when I'm home and if I put cleaning the living room before doing the beds there is a better chance I'll do it all. I'm a bit ocd in that I "have" to follow my list in the order it's written in.One of my favorite things... watching kittens play and romp and learn if the dogs are going to play or bite them.. so far the dogs have been good. Chasing, but not hurting them. Sniffing a few butts though. There is a scent from a tree or area close to the drive in area that is just so nice. It's sweet yet spicy.. and I'm still trying to find which tree or bush makes that scent.A few plans for the rest of the week...
shopping, cleaning, walking, and creating a relaxing place for Jerry to come home to.
***********
Around the house...
Made Jerry's breakfast
fixed Jerry's tea.
took the dogs out.
Prayers
type out recipe
set up jounral page
med and breakfast
shower
dress
pick up dirty clothes
wipe counters
wipe mirrors
put shower mat over side of the tub
hang wet towels and washrags to dry
spray and scrub sink, tub and john
long walk with the dogs
scoop catbox
clean dog kennels
vacum
refill ice cube trays
brush hair
make Jerry's bed
Make my bed
wipe out microwave
make Jerry's tea
dishes
clean stove top

***************


Baked Beans with Bacon and Red Onion
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
4 servings
6 cups Baked Beans, any brand, the large cans
2 slices Bacon, chopped
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Parsley, optional
Pour beans into casserole dish and place in 425F Oven.
In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes longer. Slide beans out of oven. Scatter the onions and bacon around the beans. Sprnkle the brown sugar and black pepper over the onions. Bake beans with toppings for 10 more minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.

No comments: