Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 23, 2010, Beef Sausage



For Today... November 23 2010.


We are under clouds today with a good chance of rain this morning but after that a quick clearing and a high in the low 70's again today. The cold weather was suppose to be here Thurdays but now it's going to be Friday that is sooo cold (if you can call a high of 45, cold)


I went to dollar tree last night and spent just over $20. A couple of Christmas items to decorate with, some foil pans to be able to bake in. A bag for the kittens to play with, and a bath mat. The Bath Mat was on my list of want to buy that I made a bit ago. I've been slowly but steadly able to remove items from that list. of course, More things go on the list but that's what it's for. Those things you think about, then forget you need, until you really need it.
 
The kittens and the dogs have been playing together. The kittens have figured out they can bat at Macon's tail.. and they also love to pounce on it, when it's moving. With Macon, that's almost all the time. This morning, two of the kittens went out the door and one was under the van. I had to open a can of catfood to get them to come back into the camper.
 
I'm think I better get up and start cleaning the camper because I expect that Jerry won't work the full 10 hours today. Seems a few of the fellows decided to leave last night to go home for Thanksgiving and the rest may leave early today.


Yep, I was right, he got off at 3:30. The dogs have done much better on their walks today. Although we didn't go as far there was little pulling. Conviencing them that not every tree is there for them to pee on... that's another story. I try to keep to dogs away from anything obviously man made, and when it comes to tree, to stay away from trees that were planted and not just wild growth. So far that is going fairly well. A good strong "NO" and they leave it.. or I'll just say "Leave It" and they look at me confused and come away. Yesterday afternoon was just not a good day for Rocky. He Just got all hyper and kept getting in Macon's way of going potty. So instead of him going for "our" walk. he got put in the kennel and I walked Macon so he could potty. Then we walked the driveways around the campground. Macon did so much better. I was even able to pick up our mail without him barking at the man who handed it to me. What an improvment over the last couple of times I tried to talk to anyone with both dogs with me.

With Jerry off work for the next 5 days. I'm going to see if he'll walk Macon and I'll walk Rocky alone and see if that helps straighten out the problems. I did go to the website my Brother recomended and the first problem I have is I have no place at all to work off leash with the dogs. No fenced in area. We have to have them on leads when we go outside the camper. We do work with a lot of Sits and Stays and I do take treats with us, sometimes but not all the time.



*********




Beef Sausage
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene
2004
1 lb Ground Beef (low fat)
1 small Onion, grated
1/4 cup cold Water
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 teaspoon Marjoram, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Allspice
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Combine all in a medium bowl. Shape into a roll, 2 /12 inch diameter and about 7 inches long. Wrap in wax paper and chill overnight.

No comments: