Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9, 2010,Summer Baked Potatoe Casserole

For Today... November 9, 2010



The kittens rule !!! At least they think they do.. all they have to do to get one of the dogs in trouble is hiss when one is near them.. (yeah, right) The dogs have retreated to my bed. It's safer there. That is, until the kittens figure out how to get up on it. (Ha ha) Still working on box training. A couple of them have it figured out.. I think.. getting all 4 into the idea, is still on going. At least this morning there wasn't but a wet spot on the couch. I got up in the middle of the night, did what I had to do, then checked in the livingroom. Kittens on Jerry's side and Macon on my side. Not long after, Macon jumped back in bed with Jerry. I am surprised that they didn't cuddle up to Macon's backside since he's so warm. Right now I have one on my sholder, one on my left leg and two trying to pick my pocket. I have a sweatshirt jackt on that I made and put pockets in and they are pulling the bags out of the pocket. Now one is trying to pull the bandana off my head. oops now it's race down the hallway, with one jumping to get on Jerry's bed. one stopped at the trash can, and the other stopped at the water dish. Smokey is still trying to get the bags out of my pocket. The bag is out of my pocket and all 4 are working on it. Now one in the trash, two fighting by my hip and one on my sholder again. (no wonder the dogs are hiding on my bed)Outside my door ... (6:15) The sun is just starting to raise. I took the dogs out already and it's not really that cold out. I do have the water running a little though, because the hose is on the ground and the ground is colder than the air right now. Suppose to be sunny all day with a high in the low 70's. Love it. All the trees have changed color and many have lost their leaves, but there is still lots of color to see while walking the dogs.
 
The dogs ... are watching the kittens from the safety of my bed.
The Kittens... are still playing, and chasing each other.. oh.. I think three just did a potty run. at least they all ran back there and disappeared into the box.. The only one not in the run was smokey. he's asleep by my leg. I took him back there a bit ago so maybe he's not needing it right now. ( 6:35) time to recharge the battries. they are all asleep by my hip. One kitty mosh pit.
 
From the kitchen... Need to bring the hamburger out of the fridge. Not sure what I'll make, yet.maybe just hamburgers, with corn and salad. I have chili to make another meal with so I don't have to make two meals out of the one pack of burger.
I am hearing... Morning news, kittens racing down the hall and back. the plastic bag being played with. the fan on heater. (excuse me while I remove a kitten from my computer)
I am wearing... (6:15) Grey sweatpants and my blue house dress will change after my shower this morning. Still the Grey sweatpants but dont know, yet what top I'll put on for the day.
I am reading... going to be reading emails all day long, I'm sureI am thinking... Life is never dull around our home.I am thankful for... Jerry's soft heart and keen eyes. I'm not sure I would have seen the kittens if I had been the one driving.I am hoping... We can find a couple of these kittens a home.I am creating... A cleaner home for us.One of my favorite things... Watching kittens play and watching the dogs and kittens learn to tolerate each other. Last time Rocky was around kittens he would turn over and "invite" them to play with him, but he had known them since birth almost and these kittens dont' have their mom around to help teach them about dogs. The last time was 2 years ago. At Beths home.A few plans for the rest of the week...
 
309/272
***********

Summer Baked Potatoe Casserole
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
8 medium potatoes, diced
1 lb Velvetta Cheese, diced
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup chopped Onion
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 lb raw Bacon, chopped
1/2 cup Green Olives. sliced
Boil potatoes until tender, drain. Mix potatoes, cheese, mayo,and half the onion together. Salt and Pepper to taste. Pour into greased casserole dish and top with remaining onions, green olives and bacon. Bake uncovered at 325F for one hour.

No comments: