Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010, Beer Briskett

Doesn't Rocky look comfortable with all these kittens around him?


Good Morning. Jerry got off after 8 hours again yesterday and we did some looking around. We ended up over by the Bankcorp Arena looking for a eletronic recycle I thought I heard about on the tv. it wasn't there. A basketball game was about to start. Memphis against Louisanna. We didn't stay. We just drove around a bit after that. Jerry wanted to see where the road his job is on, goes to. So we followed it a bit. The night before, we followed the road that leads tothe road the campground is on for a bit. We see a lot of traffic on it once you get off the 4 lane and thought it went someplace.. well, yeah.. residentual areas and a country club. Ha ha. Another change... Now he'll have 5 days off work. I asked if the guy in charge ever worked for BE&K since it's very much like them in having a hard time deciding how many days everyone will work around a holiday. I bet Christmas will be just as hectic. This is one reason we don't make plans to visit anyone on the holidays. We just never know until the last minute how many days Jerry may get off.

While walking the dogs yesterday, I fell. I knew it was going to happen one of these days. I wasn't hurt, just went down on my knees (again) So I was stiff and soreish the rest of the day. I was on wet grass, on a slight slope and just as I started to slid the dogs also pulled.. They "Knew" I wasn't happy after that. I didn't hit them. but they Knew from the tone of my voice that they didn't help me any with that pulling that we had been fighting almost all the walk. Going back to the camper, they didn't pull much at all. There isn't a flat place to walk them so it's just something I have to be more aware of, is all.

(8am) Just finsihed peeling apple for Crockpot Applebutter. Got them and a splash of lemon juice and a cup of apple juice in the crock now. in about 4 hours, I'll stir and see how mushy they are.

Outside my door ... Going to be another nice day, according to the tv. High in the low 70's. May have clouds all day, though, not sure yet. last nights full mooon was lovely. Did you see it? it looked so large as it rose above the horizon. I then read that it is a Blue Moon. But not the usual about the blue moon of being the second full mooon of the month but about it leading to having 13 moons this calendar year.

Jerry found a Vanity Plate he wants to get for the Van. It says. "Get Off the Phone And Drive!" I love it.


The dogs ... Are being good. Well, almost. Macon got so excited to go out first this morning that he jumped out the door before I had his lead on him.. He came right back in and put his head through the choke chain collar we use.. but he "knew" he was in trouble and when he came back from his potty break and went straight into his kennel. Rocky was about just as excited but he waited for the collar befor running outside. First potty is just to the trees behind the camper. Walking come around between 9 am. and 10 am.

(10am) Just got back from morning walk. It was a fight all the way.. all the way to the potty area, all the way around the outside driveway and all around the inside driveway. It was pull them back or pull them faster. It was also a fight to get Macon to "hold it" until we got to a different potty area. He finally got the idea, but then Rocky didn't want to walk to the inside and I had to fight him over that, then pull Macon along, the pull Rocky back to his "place" the pull Macon again.. then pull Rocky again. They finally realized they were on my last nerve and we finally got to that potty area.. and he went in the weeds like he's suppose to. I have to do this again, this afternoon. Yikes. I sure hope the dogs figure out I'm not playing around.
 
The Kittens ... Two of them slept with Jerry most all night long. None of them slept with me, last night. Sometime yesterday, one of the found the TP and unrolled most of it onto the floor. They are sooo nosy. I have had to rebag several things I have on the kennels from where they have "explored" whats in the bag. right now. two of the kittens are asleep on Rocly's Kennel. The other two are playing "King of the Pillows" on my bed, jumping to Jerry's bed, then back to my bed, jump off, racing down the hall, jumping on the edge of the tub, racing back down the hallway and jumping at the couch (Missed) now going through the two bags holding our colas, by the door.. race back down to the bathroom... and so on.
 
From the kitchen...(7am) As soon as I finish this, I'm going to peel up some apples we picked up and start a crockpot of apple butter for Jerry. We both like it and it will go great on biscuits on Thanksgiving Morning.
(10am) Stirred the apples. They are doing great and smell wonderful even without the spices in it yet.
Think Dinner will be Ham, and mashed potatoes and salad.

I am hearing...(7 am) weather forcast on the tv. Thanksgiving day is going to be much colder as a front goes through. The kittens jumping and running and playing. Macon snorring.
I am wearing... Maroon Sweat pants, a printed top. I told Jerry, I keep forgetting when we got to Walmart that I wanted to find a couple of new tops. He said yeah, he forgets as well.



************

Beer Briskett
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene
2004

3 to 4lb Beef Brisket
Salt and Pepper
1 Onioin, sliced
1/2 cup Chili Sauce
2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 clove Garlic, minced or Garlic Powder
1 can (12 oz) Beer
2 Tablespoon Flour
1/2 cup Water
Trim excess fat from brisket (important), season with salt and pepper and place in a 9 x 13 baking pan, cover with onion slices.
In a bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic and beer,. Pour over meat. Cover lightly with foil.
Bake for 3 1/2 hours at 350F hours. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more, basting occasionally.
Remove meat to platter, Skim off excess fat from drippings, measure liquid and add water to make 1 cup. Blend flour, and 1/2 cup water, combine with drippings in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until Thickened and bubbly. Cut meat across grain, top with a bit of the gravy.

1 comment:

Swanny said...

Are you ready to start training your dogs to behave on leash? Here's an article that will help: http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/pulling-leash