Friday, November 19, 2010

November 19, 2010, Barbecued Beef,Fresh Baked Tortilla Chips

Jerry just had to snap this picture, He had just gotten up and Rocky jumped into his side of the couch.



For Today... November 19, 2010
 
Good Morning. Whew, what a morning. Jerry mis-placed his wallet. So the search was on.. We knew he had it, in the van, last night, after we did some shopping. It was in the van. Then he realized he left his phone in the camper when he walked back to the van to search it again.. so I had to walk back to the van, get it and take it back to him.. then back to the camper. I feel like I got in my morning exersize already. We picked up a roaster last night. And I broke a part off of it already. It "says" it has a lid holder. I was thinking it held the lid up and down.. not off to one side. It's not very convient to have the lid "hanging" off to one side. There is still a lid holder on the other handle but I doubt I'll be using it all that much. I just don't have that much counter space. Would be much better if I could just put the lid on a holder on the back. Oh well. The other one we looked at didn't have that either.
The reason we went to the store was that the gasket to the hand held shower went missing. I take the shower part off to spray water into the John to clean it. If you've ever seen a marine Toliet you know what I mean when I saw it takes a bit of water to clean it. But it does the job and is fairly easy to clean.
I also picked up some knitting needles and yarn. Something to keep my hands busy while watching evening tv. Not sure who I'll make a scarf for, but I plan on making a scarf with the yarn.
 
I got to talk the Heather last night for a bit. She's been busy. she has to work Wed. night and her plan is to start her turkey when she gets off work. She does not have to work Thanksgiving day. Maybe she'll get to sleep, once dinner is over with. I do so remember the times I was that busy, and that tired.

Outside my door ... (7am) We were suppose to wake up to Fog, but it's clear outside. A bit cool but not too bad. It's suppose to be cool this time of the year.
 
The dogs ... (7am) First potty out of the way. They didn't even bark when Jerry opened the door. I didn't hear him walk up, even. Of course they wanted to "Help" find what ever it was that was lost, and wanted to go out, because I had my jacket and was going out. I had to get them to move from the door so I could get back in. Now that all the "excitment" of looking for the wallet is over with, they are fast asleep, on My Bed.

The Kittens ... (7am) Smoke and stripes are asleep by my side. I'm guessing Fuzzybutt and Kid are sleeping with the dogs, now that the hallway races are over with. They also had a rousing game of king on the mountain this mornig. The "mountain" being Jerry's pile of pillows on his bed.

From the kitchen... I over baked the biscuits this morning,I had my back to them and was wondering what I smelled burning.. then it dawned on me.. the biscuits in the toaster oven.
Pay day. We eat out. Jerry is hopeing to find out where Barnhill's is around here. It's a buffet style place much like Ryan's and Golden corral.

I am hearing... Morning News and the heater's fan.

I am wearing... (7am) blue house dress. (10am) brown Sweat pants and a top with small maroon flowers on it.

I am reading... recipes and emails

I am thankful for... Jerry being able to work. For finding his wallet this morning.

I am hoping... To do some clothes shopping soon. I don't have many fallish clothes. Summer light weight and Winter sweats but not any long sleeved yet not hot tops. Would love to find another pair of shoes as well.

I am creating... Going to start a scarf soon.

One of my favorite things... Sitting with Jerry in the evenings.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Shopping for Thanksgiving dinner (for 2) I have a grocry list, I need to update it.


*****


Barbecued Beef
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene
2004
7 to 8 pound Beef Brisket
Onion Salt
2 to 4 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
Garlic Salt
Sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Water
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon dry Mustard
3 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 bottle Ketchup, (14 oz bottle)
1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Celery seed
1 Onion, chopped
Rub liquid smoke and salkt on outside of brisket. Wrap in foil and chill over night. Next morning, rub chopped onion and garlicsalt on brisket and rewarp in foil. Bake for 5 12 hour, minimum. Let Cool, pour off fat and then slice.
Make sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a pan then bring to a boil. Pour sauce over slicec meat. Rewrap in foil and bake at 350F for 1 hour.


*****


Fresh Baked Tortilla Chips
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"
2004
6 corn Tortillas
Nonstick Spray
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Chili Powder, optional
Heat over to 400F. Spray a large baking sheet with the nont stick spray. Slice tortillas into 8 wedges and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Spray tops quickly with the spray as well. Sprinkly the salt and chile powder on top. Bake until Crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.. serve warm

No comments: