|Create a too-cool pool scene that will last all year round with terra cotta and Patio Paint. |
Click for bigger picture
DecoArt Products Required
| Supplies || Surfaces|
| || |
| Instructions |
|Let paint dry between steps. |
Flesh color mix suggestion: Daisy Cream and Patio Brick 16:1.
Turquoise mix: Cloud White, Hydrangea Blue, and Citrus Green 4:1:1
1. Paint ball bead and top half of pot body, flesh color mix; bottom half of pot, turquoise mix; rose pot rim and saucer, Holly Berry Red; and remainder of rose pot, Fiesta Yellow.
2. Use brush handle end to dot Hydrangea Blue flower petals on bathing trunks and Holly Berry Red around rose pot rim. Dot flower centers with Tiger Lily Orange.
3. Assembly: Trim chenille stem to form arms. Bend arm ends to form hands. Position and adhere arms on body. Position and adhere head on arms. Adhere toothpick to foam flag. Position and adhere onto hand. Position saucer on rose pot to form lifeguard stand.
4. Paint top of head Hydrangea Blue to form cap.
5. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black or black permanent pen to do face.
Kid on a Raft
1. Paint ball bead and top half of pot body, flesh color mix; bottom half of pot, Citrus Green; and saucer, Tiger Lily Orange.
2. Use brush handle end and Fiesta Yellow to dot bathing trunks.
3. Paint sunglasses on head with Wrought Iron Black.
4. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black or permanent black pen to do face.
5. Assembly: Trim chenille stem to form arms. Bend arm ends to form hands. Position and adhere arms on body and head on arms. Bend arms above head. Bend chenille stem in half. Position and adhere up inside clay pot for legs. Bend legs at knees and feet. Place kid in raft and secure with glue.
Beach Ball Girl
1. Paint ball bead flesh color and pot, Carnation Pink.
2. Paint small Hydrangea Blue flowers on pot.
3. Paint face with liner brush and Wrought Iron Black or permanent pen.
4. Position and adhere chenille stem arms on body. Position and adhere head.
5. Cut lengths of yarn for hair. Place a bead of glue down center or head and press yarn pieces into glue. Tie into two pigtails with ribbon.
6. Use pen, stylus or other tool to score 6 equal sections on Styrofoam ball. Alternately paint with Holly Berry Red, Fiesta Yellow, and Hydrangea Blue.
7. Position chenille stem arms above head. Bend ends and push into Styrofoam ball. Secure with glue, if necessary.
1. Paint outside of saucer, Hydrangea Blue.
2. Paint inside bottom, turquoise mix.
3. Paint inside rim Hydrangea Blue forming peaks to resemble water.
most steps 6091/
yesterday's steps 6335
Saints are sinners who kept on going.
Robert Louis Stevenson