Monday, February 8, 2010

For Today... Feb 7, 2010. Superbowl Sunday



I shared a picture of me yesterday. I thought I would share a picture of Jerry today. Yes, he has a long beard. I trim it once a year, in spring when I also cut his hair. He's not shave since 1983, Just been trimed up a couple of times a year. I doubt any of our kids can remember him without the beard. I don't fuss over his face and he doesn't fuss over my hair.

For Today... Feb 7, 2010. Superbowl Sunday

Outside my window... (10 am ) It's snowing, a bit harder than the spitting snow we had out there at 8 am. From what I heard from Jerry we may get as much as 6 inches of snow before this storm is finished with us. The snow that we got on Friday was almost gone in some places but this snow has already coverd most of the grass, again. Beth's van is still stuck in the middle of the back driveway. (11pm ) more snow. don't know how much, but Jerry said it was a good thing he drove up the hill when he did or our van may well have been stuck at the bottom or in the ruts before much longer.

I am thankful for... Family, Friends and fun. Josh and Makeys (family and friend) were over today after church and telling her folks that she's expecting.. to play games and watch most of superbowl with us. We had pizza, breadsticks, honybbq chicken wings and salsa with chips. It was all good.

From the kitchen... Breakfast was potatoes, a sausage pattie and fried eggs. For dinner We had pizza, breadsticks, honybbq chicken wings and salsa with chips. It was all good.

I am wearing... Brown Sweatpants, blue flower-printed top, tan headband instead of a bandana in my hair.

I am hoping... (10 am ) That Jerry and Beth can get her van out, before the snow gets really bad, this aftenoon. ( 11 pm) Jerry got Beth's van out of where it was around noon, then drove it up to the top of the hill. Had little trouble with the deep ruts in the road that really need to be dozed down, if we had a way to do that. When Josh and Makeya went to leave, Jerry drove them up to their car so he could park our van over the top of the hill as well, and it's a good thing he did, as the snow is getting deeper and he said he almost didn't make it, himself.

Around the house... After playing two rounds of Phase 10 and watching some Superbowl, after Josh and Makeya left Beth and took a few mintues to clean up and put things back the way they were, then we watched Undercover Boss.. it was interesting. I can think of a few people who really should do what that man did. Especally in Construction and Store managment.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I plan on going through the three tubs I brought out of storage and figure out what I need to work on, historcal clothing wise to improve what I need. That is, besides stays. Those things are driving me crazy.

 

*******

I missed some of the commercials, Just didn't see them and others I didn't think were as funny as the others in the room thought they were. I did get to see one Budwiser horse one. Where the colt and the steer race then three years later the grown up steer breaks a fence to be troting by the how grown horse.

*******

S'More Cookie Bars

3/4 cup Maargine

3 cups Graham Cracker crumbs

1 pkg (6 oz) semi sweet Chocolate Chips (1 up)

1 cup Butterscotch chips

1 cup Mini Marshmallows

1 can (14 oz) Sweetned Condensed Milk

Preheat over to 350oF. in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, combine Margerin with Graham Cracker crumbs, Press to form an even layer. Evenly sprinkle with chocolate chips then the butterscotch chips, then the marshmallows. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the chips and marshmallows. Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly. Cool ona wire rack. To serve, cut into squares. To make cutting easier, chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

From the back of an Imperial Spread box

**************

No comments: