Wednesday, February 3, 2010

For Today, Feb 3, 2010

For Today... Feb 3, 2010, 9 am

Outside my window... The sun is shining and we have had a few high clouds. Warmish enough to not have to button up the ol coat. Forcast is calling for 1 to 3 inches of Snow Friday morning.

I am thinking... I sure hope we don't get that snow. Friday is our "go to town" day and I don't want to have to carry every things from near the end of the driveway to the house. Even with a sled it's a trek that I don't want to have to make.

From the kitchen... I made pancakes for Breakfast this morning. We each put a good size dollup of Peanuter butter on each one. The dogs, were begging for their share. I gave Rocky the almost empty peanut butter jar, with the lid on. Havn't found it since. I have no idea what dinner is going to be, yet.

I am Creating... I did work on the embrodery for a bit. I got most of the light blue outline done. I had to change my idea of using white though, It just wasn't bright enough to be seen against the muslin. I'll have to outline parts with a brown (dirt like) don't want to use blace because it has wheels and I want them to be different than the under parts nearby. I'll post pictures soon.

I am wearing... black sweat pants and a blue flowered top.

I am hearing... Beth has the tv today. She should be sleeping but is stressing about a guy at work and can't seem to fall asleep. If/when she finally does sleep, we will have to be sure to get her up around 9pm.

Around the house... before making pancakes, I did up most of the dishes. A few were left to do, but not many.

**************

Beth wants fresh Salsa Sunday for Superbowl Sunday. I have never made salsa.. easier to buy it in the jar but she wants fresh made. I'm looking for recipes now.

here is one we may try out. Only we may not use near that much jalapeno in it, She doesn't want it the least bit hot.

 

Pico De Gallo

4 Ripe plum tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 pound)
1 Small white onion, finely chopped
1/4 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
4 Fresh jalapeƱos, seeded, finely chopped
1 Tbl. fresh lime juice
Salt to taste

Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeƱos and lime juice. Add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and serve the same day made. Makes about 2 to 2-1/2 cups.

************

Poxatawny Phill saw his shadow yesterday. Oh Drats. I am ready for Spring !! I know, I know.. it will get here, when it gets here and my wanting it to get here will not make it get here any faster. But that doesn't make me want it to be Spring any less or any later.

No comments: