Monday, February 8, 2010

Auroras in the Night

BIG SUNSPOT: The sudden emergence of big sunspot 1045 over the weekend has caused a sharp uptick in solar activity. The active region has produced three M-class and almost a dozen C-class solar flares since it appeared on Saturday. The strongest blast, an M6-class eruption on Feb. 7th, may have hurled a coronal mass ejection toward Earth. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras in the nights ahead as a result of this activity. Also, ham radio operators are picking up strong solar radio bursts using shortwave receivers. Sample sounds and images may be found at

http://spaceweather.com.

How I would love to see The Auraras at night.. I wonder if I could be considered strang if I also wanted to dance under them.. Oh well, I am strange, always have been, always will be. That is what makes me, ME !!!

1 comment:

Swanny said...

You wouldn't be considered strange if you were up here. Those of us in the Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs kennel, both human and canine, dance under the Northern Lights frequently.