Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb 24, 2010,

Feb 24, 2010,

Mom has been gone for 7 years now. I still miss her every day. Even when we lived half a country apart, I always knew I could call her and just talk. We didn't have to have a reason to talk, just catch up with each other. She wasn't one to tell me much about what was going on in my brother's lives so I'm sure they didn't know much about me either.

*****

Oh NO !!!..

The T.V. died today.

Heartache.

woe..

 

argh.

 

 

No,,, really.

Jerry and I are totally addicted to watching the T.V. from the time we get up till the time we head to bed, and then some.

Of course I noticed that Jack's face was a just more than a little red this morning. So was Victor's and Kay's but I just figured it was me. (yes, I watch Y&R every day) Jerry had the thing on and was asleep and it was loud enough to keep Beth awake. She turned it off since he was sleeping. He slept at least an hour longer before noticing....Turning of the thing when I have fallen asleep in front of it wakes me up, leave it on if I fall asleep in front of it, just turn it down a bit at a time. When he turned it on, I guess the picture just coudln't handle it any more... But then again.. it's an old flat screen. I remember watching the news over and over on it, on Sept 11, 2001. and we had to have gotten in in either May or June and it was used when we got it.

Oh woe.

We do have a back up.. in storage... drats and durn this snow, though. It's an old one in a wooden box. heavy is not the word I would use for it. It's going to take all three of us to get it into the house, I'm sure.and we have to wait for the snow to melt as there is no way we can put it on the sled and pull it down here by hand. Although Jerry did think of that first. even turned up side down it would still be too heavy, let alone what it would do the the T.V. Jerry isn't sure if it will hook up to the satilight or if we will need to go get a different co-axel cable for it. Sigh. I usually leave off my computer at dinner time and sit in the living room, with Jerry, watching T.V. most night. He's going to miss Ghose Hunters tonight and OH NO.. Survivor tomorron night !!!! Oh No..oh no. Catching an update is not the same as watching Survivor.

I'm going to have to come up with and Ode to the T.V. at this rate.


******

Outside my window... The sun is shining but it's still very cold outside. I've seen a few chunks of ice and snow fall off the roof, but the sun isn't having much luck in melting the snow on the ground, yet. I did see "my" hawk earlier today. It can and landed on a downed tree branch in the brush pile and sat there for about 10 minutes before flying off again.

I am thinking... It's cold outside and I don't want to go out in it. I really should take the dogs out at least once, and not have Jerry doing it all the time. It's funny but the dogs go to him to go outside most of the time anyway.. they come to me if he's ingnoring them, but once I say something they run back to him to get his attention again for their outing. I don't know if it's because he walks them further than I do or just that they know he won't alway be around to do it, once he goes back to work and they will be stuck with me, again.

I am thankful for... The knowledge that Spring follows Winter and that soon it will be warming up and we can put away the heavy coats for another year.

From the kitchen... Jerry has taken over most of the cooking. Breakfast was fried eggs, fried potatoes and bacon, I know not the best thing for me to have every day. If it wasn't the eggs and potatoes then it would be pancakes.

Beth needs to take cupcakes to work tonight so I'm baking them for her. I have to go and take care of them in a couple more minutes.

I am wearing... Dark grey sweatpants and a tshirt with a horse printed on the front of it.

I am reading... emails and the recipe on the back of the box for Beth's cupcakes

I am hoping... Jerry gets a call from BE&K soon because he really wants to go back to work.

I am creating... not working on anything at this time.

I am hearing... some music on my mp3 player.

Around the house... Did the dishes and a load of laundry, now baking the cupcakes.

One of my favorite things... Just knowing that Jerry loves me and wants to take care of me.

A few plans for the rest of the week... No plans until the snow melts. I do need to change my driver's licence soon.

 

*****

I came across a reference to "The Kitchen Klatter" and recalled I have (or had) a bunch of them at one time. I can not recall if they were left on the farm or if I put them in a tub in storage. I hope in storage but it will be a while before I know for sure. It's funny how a small town in Iowa girl was able to have such a wide following. Her brother needed a "friendly" voice for a spot on a radio program that his company was sponsering, which turned into over 4 decades of frendly chat, recipe sharing and garden advice as well as just a look inside the average life of a very extended family.

I would like to find a way to have my own ""Kitchen Klatter" and share it with who ever wanted to share a recipe, learn somthing about the plants in the house or garden and just about life in general in the 21 century. Blogging is as close as I'll get, I think.

speaking of which. I do have to go make some cupcakes for my daughter to take to work. A couple of years ago I would have been more than glade to make them from scratch, still would if she wanted me to.. But she bought a couple of box mixes and I'll use those. At times, I wonder if any one really does cook from scratch much any more.

Is it me, or does more and more of the food we buy seem to have less flavor to it. Sometimes, I wonder if the packaging woudn't be better for me in the long run and have as much appeal.

No comments: