Friday, February 5, 2010

For Today, Feb 05, 2010


The other morning I caught Macon sleeping on Jerry's bed.. yes he's even using the pillow. I know it's hard to tell, but Jerry had made the bed earlier, The dogs had fun playing and bouncing on the bed before they were worn out and needed a nap.




Rocky is taking a much deserved nap. He just looks soo sleepy laying with his head on the arm rest of the recliner. When someone sits in the recliner, he will look at that person in the eye, then look at the foot rest, then back up at them again as if saying "ok now.. put it up so I can get off the floor and sleep".

When I say it's a long driveway to have to walk, this is it. That house you see to the left belongs to the landlord. if you look closely you can just see a black utility trailer to the right. It's at the top of the hill and you still have a ways to go to get to the main road. We measured it when I was here back in the Spring of 08 and the driveway is 1/4 of a mile long. As you can see, most of it is up hill
*****

For Today... (7 pm ) Feb 5, 2010

Outside my window...(7 pm )It's dark, now. But we had snow all day long. I did go take some pictures while there was light enough to.

I am thinking... I wish Jerry would learn that I can't help the cost of food and I am really trying to buy things that he likes to eat, am doing without some of the things I should be eating, but the cost of grocries is still going to be high. He buys 4 2liter cola's for him, 2 for me, and that's going to drive up the food bill, Take into account he added my insulin to the food we bought at Walmart instead of counting it seperately and you drop what we spent on food, drinks and water down to around $20 instead of the almost $70 he paid.. add to that about another $70 at Aldi's, and the fact that I'm trying to get enough basics to go two weeks instead of one.. and he still makes me feel like I am failing and is resentful of what was spent. I was soo tempted to give him the cart. and tell him to put it all back and do it himself. He would live on hot dogs and hamburgers.. and the diet I'm suppose to be one says NO hot dogs and limit the amount of beef because of the Cholesterole. No salad was bought. No fresh vegetable for dinners was bought. Just some roma tomatoes and an onion for Salsa on Sunday. One small bunch of bananas that has 6 in it, for the three of us, for two weeks. He says he's not mad at me... but just mad about how the un-employment doesn't come in to be able to pay the bills like he wants to. But I still feel like he's resenting what I had to spend on food and on my insulin.


From the kitchen... Breakfast, pancakes with oleo and peanut butter on them. Lunch, french fries. Dinner a double patty hamburger,and more fries. Like this is all healthy for us.

I am wearing... (This is wear Red day, for the education of Heart desease) I wore maroon sweat pants. (closest I have to red) a purple tshirt under a maroon primative hunters shirt.

I am reading... emails, only emails.

I am hoping... That Jerry gets a job, soon.

I am creating... didn't work on anything today.

I am hearing... NCIS in the background and the fan of the heater by my feet.

Around the house... Went shopping, came home and carried it in. Jerry put it away. There isn't enough room for two to do that at once.
doing a load of laundry as well. Beth needed a hoodie washed as well as the inside liner of her coat and her red Cap she wears to work all the time. I did manage to take my camera outside and take a few pictures as well.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Try to clean up a little befor Josh and Mckeya come over for the Superbowl. That is, if we don't get a lot of snow on Sunday.

*****

Pancakes or Waffles
Here is my recipe for Pancakes, Nothing fancy to them really but my kids all want me to make pancakes for them when we visit.
2 cups plain all-purpose Flour
1/4 cup Sugar (more or less to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)( or other spices you like)
Mix together well then add the following
1 egg
1/4 cup oil ( a good sized quick pour from the bottle works)
almost 2 cups milk, (as much milk as flour)
Mix all together well. A few small lumps are ok. Heat your skillet over medium heat. Once it's warmed up, pour about a 1/2 cup of the batter into the skillet and let it settle in without using the cup or spoon to flatten it. Once the edges have a dry look to them and bubbles have risen to the surface, carefull turn over and cook the other side for about the same amount of time. Check to see if underside is browned. Remove to a serving plate and smear some butter on top. Serve with your favorite topping. maple Syrup, peanut butter, jelly or leave plain. We sometimes like to have eggs on top and a side of either sausage or bacon.
~~ To make waffles, once you have the batter mixed, you can pour 1/2 cup in the center of a heated up waffle iron, then close the lid. Once the steam stops check to see if it's brown enough. if not cook some more.
Makes 6 to 8 pancakes or waffles.

No comments: