Monday, February 1, 2010

For Today... Feb 1, 2010 (Monday)


For Today... Feb 1, 2010 (Monday)

Outside my window...(2:30) It's dark and grey and I'm seeing some snow flakes in the air. It's too warm for them to stick to anything so it's giving the look out my window a bit of a fuzzyness. Almost like a light fog.

I am thinking... I much prefer this weather to the norm for this time of the year. Usually we have inches of snow on the ground and tempts in the -0 range. I'm so glade we don't have that right now.

I am thankful for... Little things. A sandwich made by Jerry, A smile from Beth. Dog hugs from Macon or Rocky or Molly. The cat not biting me while she sleeps on my lap. Yes, she's spoiled and if you move your hand, she's apt to bite to remind you to not move, she's sleeping

From the kitchen... Breakfast was Eggs, fried potatoes and sausage (thank you Jerry) Lunch was a sandwich and some oyster crackers, pretzles and corn chips. Not sure what dinner will be, but I brought down a package of pork chops to thaw.

I am wearing...Brown Sweat pants and a flowered top. An Orange Bandana on my head, no it doesn't go with what I'm wearing at all.

I am reading...emails

I am hoping... that our tax papers come in the mail soon, and that I hear from my fathers' lawyer soon as well.

I am creating... working on a block for a quilt I want to make for Jerry.

I am hearing... The fan on the heater, and some noise from the tv in the other room. Beth is watching Extream makeover reruns.

Around the house... I'll have to catch up the dishes tonight. I vacumned the living room and hallway while Jerry and Beth were out. I try not to vacumn while she's trying to sleep and I hate doing it at night. I had to keep taking the hose off and pushing a rod through it to unlodge the dog hair that was clogging it up.

One of my favorite things...

A few plans for the rest of the week... No real plans, yet.


 


**********'


The hawk was back for a bit. Sitting in the tree until it spotted something in the weeds, then it was off like a shot flying low. it went beyond my sight so I don't know if it caught what it spotted or not. I hope so, if it was a mouse. We didn't catch any mice last night, but I'm not taking in the traps just yet, either.


****


It's funny, almost everyone we know, uses a cell phone now.. yet you can't use it as a utility bill, yet you can your car insurance papers. Jerry is gathering up what he needs to make arrangments on my emergancy room visit of a couple of weeks ago. Total.. over $3,500. For three hours in a room, seeing two ER doctors, one MRI, two shots in the hip of the same stuff, and one perscription.



*********


Touchdown Pinwheels


2 Green Onions, chopped


8 oz package Cream Cheese, softened


1 oz package Rance Salad Dressing mix


5 12 inch Flour Tortillas


3/4 cup Pimento stuffed Olives, chopped


3/4 cup Black Olives, chopped


4 1/2 oz can chopped Green chilies, drained


4 oz jar chopped Pimentos


Garnish: fresh Parsley, chopped


Comgine green onions, creamcheese and ranch dressing mix. Spread evenly over one side of each of the tortillas. Stir remaining ingredients together and spoon over cream cheese mixture. Roll up each tortilla jelly-roll style: wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into ine inch slices and garnish with parsley.


From Goose Berry Parch Our Favorite Harvest Recipes


No comments: