Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov 11, 2011

Hello and Good Morning... When we woke up this morning, I asked Jerry if he would mind just picking up breakfast on his way to work. he said he would do that and let me sleep in. I got up about 2 hours later.  Cleaned the cat box. Took the dogs out, Let the cats out, bagged up some trash.  and read some emails.  Not bad.  I think we are in for another weather change as my right knee is really hurting today. it was achy yesterday, but really talking to me today. I've put Walkin ice Blue ointment on it. A knee brace and now have my sweat pants on to warm it up. I'll be taking some Alieve when I take my meds this morning.  The only thing I can think of that is making it hurt this much is I must have pulled it a bit when i tripped over the weekend and again when I took the dogs down the roadway a bit along the lake, yesterday. I was looking for a pine tree and all I found were Cedars.  I need to walk a different direction soon. I'm looking for some pine cones, not only for me but for Kim, as well.  I know I saw some pines around here, but I can't recall just where they were. I'll also pick up some Hickory nuts, if I find them, to use as decorations. I have never had any luck getting the nutmeats out of HIckory's. 
Tom just left for work.  I didnt' know if he was not going in or what, today.. Usually he's up and moving before Jerry leaves for work.. I noticed he was still home when I took our dogs out.. and made just a little noise so his dogs would "alert" him, in case his alarm didnt' got off.. he didnt' getup then, I didn't even hear his dogs move, so I wasn't all that loud out there.  I'll ask him, tonight if he meant to go in this late, or what.. Now that he's gone, one of his dogs is barking. Not sure why he's doing that, no one is moving out side right now.  Everything was a bit icy this morning when I took the dogs out.
When we go shopping this week, I'll be looking for a small turkey.  I want the whole turkey and not just the breast.  I like the legs and Jerry like the white meat. If I don't find one I like this week, I can still look again next week. I need to find other "stuff" for our Thanksgiving meal, as well. I really don't want to go out. Places that are open are ususally very crowded and I like left overs, as well.
 
In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army
In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
 
 
 

No comments: