Jen from Sequim, WA (pop. 25,800) says:
Cook time: 55 Min Difficulty:
Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 2 loaves
- 1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt - 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp grated orange peel
- 1/4 c orange juice
1. Combine cream cheese and shortening, creaming well.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
5. Stir in walnuts and orange peel.
6. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for 10 mintues. Then sprinkle orange juice over loaves. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling
4 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
Dash ground black pepper
2 cans cooked cut green beans
1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
Mix soup, milk, soy, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 25 min. or until hot.
Stir . Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 min.
4 c. crumbled cornbread
2 c. dry bread crumbs
3 1/2 c. chicken stock
1 c. milk
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. poultry seasoning or sage
Mix cornbread and bread crumbs with the stock. Beat eggs slightly, add milk, salt and pepper. Add to bread mixture. Then add celery, onion and seasoning. Mix well. Bake in well greased pan at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Makes about 8 cups.
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie shell in a 9 inch pie pan. Ia medium bowl, gently beat eggs. Stir in sugar and flour, then the syrup, butter and vanilla. Fold in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; knife inserted in center of pie should come out clean.