Cans are often left over in the kitchen and it is always great to recycle them instead of throwing them away. This can is being used as a pencil holder. Paper napkin leaves adorn twine, giving it a natural look, which is perfect for the season.
For this project you will need: - small empty can Instructions: 1. First you need to wrap double sided tape around the entire surface of the can.
- strong wide double sided tape
- paper napkins with leaf motifs
- paper napkin glue or decoupage glue
- soft and flat paint brush
2. Take the twine and tightly wrap it around the can. Start at the top and work your way down to the bottom. Press the twine onto the tape while wrapping.
3. Once the entire can is covered, you will decorate it with the paper napkins.
4. Cut the leaf motifs separately out and remove all but the top napkin layers if it has more than 1 ply.
5. Brush paper napkin glue onto an area you wish to decorate. Then press the paper napkin gently onto this area. Gently brush more glue onto the leaf so that it adheres to the glue. Repeat this step until the can is decorated they way you wish.
Detail of the Pencil Holder
For this project you will need:
- small empty can
1. First you need to wrap double sided tape around the entire surface of the can.