Saturday, March 31, 2012

adding some color to my t-shirts

 
 
Buy White T-shirts. Wash and dry without Fabric softner in the rinse water and don't use dryer sheets.
I bought mine at Wal-mart, if I recall there were 7 shirts in the pack. (3x)
 
In the Crafts Department, near the Tulip paint, are packages of spray on tye dye in a sprints bottle. Basic colors of Blue, Red, Green and Yellow. Although the price of around $10 seems a bit high, this goes a long way.
 
 
Because I was doing shirts  I hung them out on the canopy frame. This is not something I would want to do inside. Be sure you are upwind as well, or your clothes you are wearing will have some added color as well.
 
stand about 2 foot away and spray onto the shirts. if you half pump the top, you get spots and sploches. if you do the full pump you get more of a mist..
 
 Allow to dry a couple of hours, Don't wash for 3 days. so the colors set. wash inside out.
 
You can use one or all the colors or in any combo you desire. On one I used just red and blue. on the other one, I used all the colors, The yellow didn't show up all that bright but it's there.

Billie C.
http://thelifeofbilliec.blogspot.com/



I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years,......
just getting over the hill.




No comments: