Tuesday, March 13, 2012

what's for breakfast?

 
What's for breakfast?  I start almost every day off with oatmeal. But not just plain boring oatmeal. I fancy it up a bit. I premeasure and store in one cup lidded containers, 1/3 cup of oatmeal. 2 Tablespoons milled Flax seed, 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, and less than 1/4 cup of dried fruit, raisins, cranberries, mixed berries or what ever else I can find on the store shelf for under $3. I dump this into a heavy, microwave safe bowl and add to it. 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 cup fruit juice. It may be apple juice or orange juice.. it's what ever frozen juice I can find at the store. I've been looking for  frozen pineapple but not found any yet. I microwave for 3 minutes, stir it up when it comes out, then let it cool enough I can eat it. It makes a lot, but then I don't usually get hungry again until lunch time.
 
 
 

Billie C.

No comments: