- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) sugar cookie mix
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
- SHAMROCK FROSTING (recipe follows)
- HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine cookie mix and cocoa in large bowl; stir. Add oil, eggs and water; mix with spoon or fork until well combined. Dough will clump together and be easy to handle.
- Shape dough into balls, using about 1 level measuring teaspoon dough for each ball. Cluster 3 balls on ungreased cookie sheet to form shamrock; flatten each "leaf" slightly. Shape one ball into pencil shape for stem; tuck stem under bottom of shamrock "leaves".
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Outline shamrock and stem with SHAMROCK FROSTING. Place small amount of frosting in center of each cookie. Press chocolate piece in center. About 30 cookies.
SHAMROCK FROSTING1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon hot milk or light cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 or 3 drops green food color
Mix all ingredients until smooth.
2 1/2-cups sugar
3/4-cup sour cream
1-tbsp instant coffee granules dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
1-package (12 ounces) vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
1-jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
1-tbsp grated orange peel
Orange peel strips for garnish
Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on sides. Lightly butter foil. Lightly butter large microwave safe bowl. Place sugar, sour cream, butter and coffee mixture in prepared bowl. Microwave at high 5 to 6 minutes until boiling, stirring after 2 1/2 and 5 minutes. After sugar mixture comes to a full rolling boil, microwave at high 5 minutes more until mixture reaches softball stage (234?) on instant-read or candy thermometer, stirring after 3 minutes. (do not microwave mixture with thermometer). Add vanilla chips, marshmallow cream and orange peel; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth evenly into corners with narrow metal spatula.
Score into 70 squares by cutting 7 sections lengthwise and 10 sections crosswise halfway through fudge with sharp knife while fudge is still warm. Let stand until firm. Remove from pan by lifting fudge and foil using foil handles. Place on cutting board; cut along score lines into squares. Remove foil. Garnish, if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Makes 70 candies.