Wednesday, June 22, 2011

For Today... June 22, 2011

 
Hello.  I hope you slept well last night. I dreamed I was running in some sort of race, through a school. At least my mind gets excerzis. (ha ha) We have already had one storm and looks like we may get more rain this afternoon.  I have moved my mattrise over to Jerry's bed, since there isn't any way to stop the rain from coming in around the air conditioner on my side of the bedroom. I asked Jerry to think of a way to fix that.I have placed the coverlet off my bed on a pole to hang up and dry out. I had the door open but the wind closed it and then it was raining so hard, I may open it again here in a bit. I though about removing the shields out of the windows but not sure if I'm going to do that or not since I'll just have to put them back in, in a couple of days. Rocky did not like the thunder and came running to find me when it got really loud.  We had two people leave yesterday, and now, the rig next to us has out as well. I had to quickly unplug the laptops and my phone during the storm. Now they are all plugged back in.
 
Outside my door ... We woke up to cloudy skies but have already had a thunderstorm by 7:30. 
 
The Dogs And Cats ... Are trying to look out the door, when I'll let them. I don't want the cats climbing on the screens so I have a spray bottle ready and the dogs end up sprayed as well, since the cat have learned to hide behind them.
 

From the kitchen... pork chops,  rice.   Cake or Pudding w Banana
Pork Chops
Since I don't have any oil and vinegar dressing, I'm going to try something I saw on T.V. last week and use Ranch Dressing mix to season them with, and cook in a skillet or in the Foreman Grill.
 

Easy One Egg Cake
1 1/4 cup flour
2/3 c milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 c shortening
2 tsp Baking Powder
 1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1 egg
 

heat oven to 350°. Grese and flour bottom of a 8 to 9 inch round cake pan, or 8 inch square pan. Blend all the ingredients at low speed on the mixer until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a pick come out clean. Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes, or pick come out clean.
 

No comments: