Monday, October 31, 2011

Oct 31, 2011




Good Morning...Happy Halloween, And Hello. Can you believe this weather? Snow in New York and other North East states. Yikes. Makes me feel better about living in the South. I should have put on a light jacket befor taking the trash out this morning, but I didn't get too chilled. I just set up my Halloween decorations and will take a picture in just a few minutes of it. (hope to post them when I send this out.) It's still darkish outside. The Sun is about to raise. Most of the leaves have fallen over the last couple of days. I asked Jerry if he liked picking up Subway sandwiches on his way home on Fridays. I could cook.. He said it likes doing it. I bought only one meal of meats this week, a roast, cause my freezer is full. You would think I'm the one getting ready for bad weather and not those that got the snow. Today, I'm fixing hamburger. Thinking of Meatloaf but I can change my mind. I have a nice crockpot meat loaf that we like. I'll line the steamer basket with a coffee filter if I do make that.


Barney made it onto the beds over the weekend. The first time was a fluke, I think. It took him a while to figure out how to do it again. Now Macon is going to really be having trouble with him when they play in the evenings. Macon will start it, Standing on the bed and just wrestling with Barney, who's on the floor and giving as much as he was getting. But then, Macon would sit back and rest while Barney would bark at him.. Now that Barney can jump on the bed, Macon is not going to be getting that little rest.


Oh boy. Barney is a high energy dog, when he's awake, Luckly he wears out rather quickly right now. Within 10 minutes, he's ready to sleep a couiple of hours. This morning, I had to clean both kennels and while I had the bottom of one in the tub, Barne was curled up, asleep, behind the top, in a dark corner. Now that the kennel is back together, He's on Jerry's bed, sleeping with Rocky. The last couple of days, Rocky hasn't been acting just himself. Panting and shivering at the same time. Very Clingy to me, and well, just not his normal. He's fine now and back to being his usual. I'm guessing he may have had a dog's version of a cold.


We bought yet another alarm clock.. Jerry was looking up front and I found one for less, that I liked more, and is smaller ( and cute-er) This one changes colors. (makes it easy to find in the dark) plays music when it goes off, Reverly (??) and tells the temp as well as the time. I saw something I might get Jerry for Christams for $35 in the same area. I asked him if he wanted it, but he said there isn't any room for it. Well, after Christmas there will be room on his side of the couch. It's a system that plays CD'S and can plug into a MP3 player, which I hope also means it will plug into his computer.


Outside my door ... (8am) The Sun is just now up and starting to top the trees at the other end of the row we are in. Not much warmth coming in, yet. Suppose to be in the lower 60's today. I'll need a light jacket when I walk the dogs here in a few minutes. Momma D is suppose to get me a new key for the post box, but don't know if it will be today or not. She said she has to go that direction anyway. She did give me the phone number for the local propane company so when we get low, we don't have to drive all the way to Dickson to refill our tanks.


The Dogs ... Are still sleeping, but I know, as soon as I rattle the leads they will be more than ready for that first walk of the day.. A real walk, not just a quick visit to the woods at the back of the camper.


The Cats ... Have been quiet, since I put them back in the camper to take the trash out and to fix up my Halloween decorations outside, I had to have the door open so I put them up before I even started. I do know they will want to find sunshine to sleep in, when I do let them out.


From the kitchen... Salad, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, (might even make some gravy) not sure of Dessert, just yet.



Slow Cooker Meatloaf



2 lbs Ground Beef
2 eggs
2/3 cup quick oats
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/2-1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 cup ketchup, divided

1.Combine ground beef, eggs, dry oats, onion soup mix, liquid smoke,
ground mustard and all but 2 Tbsp of ketchup. Shape into loaf and
place in slow cooker.

2. Top with remaining ketchup.
3. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-6 hours.


I am hearing... Morning News, The heater cooling off.


I am wearing... Black Sweat Pants, my Pooh tshirt and shoes.


I am reading... emails and some notes I wrote myself.


I am hoping... That Jerry gets two days in a row off this week. There are just a few things we would like to do, that doing laundry or shopping seem to get in the way of. Looking for a house to rent is one. We passed a couple of signs and I just couldn't get him to turn around and go back and at least look.


I am creating... Well.. I have my pumpkins outside, and the rat I put some ribbons on is on top of them.. and the door wreath is hanging off one of the candle stands.. I'll take a picture.


One of my favorite things... watching the pets get along with each other. Barney is learning that Cats need their space. The Cats are learning that Barney does indeed chase them when they run down the hallway.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Cleaning the camper, work on a few crafts, take care of Jerry. cooking.






No comments: