Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct 17

I picked up three pumpkins over the weekend. As we were checking out, the cashier picked each one up, by the stem... if the stem of any had broken off, I would have left it at the store. One has a really cute stem that I'll use as the nose when I go to carve them out, soon. That is, if I carve them. I may just use some pumpkin paint so I can save the insides and cook down for pumpkin pie, muffins and such, later. With only one day off a week. We have to scramble to get everything done on my Hubbys' day off. That's not to say we don't also try to work in some fun. We did some back road driving around yesterday. Sadly, a lot of the leaves have fallen and there isn't much color left is the ones that are still on the trees. But, it's been a dry summer and fall so I'm guessing that's the reason for it. Our High yesterday was 83. Today's high looks to be 78. Tomorrow, it looks like we will be good if we get up to 60.. Yes, it's truly is fall. I'm waiting for that first frost, then I'll be taking a bag with me into the woods to pick up fallen nuts and pine cones. Great for making all sorts of crafts with. Got to get this out. Will chat again soon.
I really did not mean to ignore my own groups last week. I was trying to catch up on emails and I'm still working on that. I may have to change computers for a bit, I hope not, since that would mean having to hand over another $10 for the internet use on it. (sigh) But, if I have to, I have to. I've had this lap top almost a year now and I've saved a lot of emails in the aol files and although I compact often, seems I may be filling in the alloted space. I'm up before Jerry, this morning and expect I'll end up taking an afternoon nap. (it's just a bit after 3 am) hate when I do this but at least now, I don't wake him up when I get up. And his alarm is going to go off soon, anyway.
For fun, we decided to drive some of the road in the area and we drove in the Palmyra area. The last couple of weeks, we've been doing our shopping at the Hilltop Store between 10 and 12. Jerry likes going to Clarksville for Breakfast (Golden Corral) and then taking me to Wal-mart so I can pick up things I want to get. We then do the shopping on our way home.
By the time we put take in a put away the grocries, we just want to sit and relax. Which is all well and good, but it was rather warm in the camper, even with the air on. So was so much cooler in the van, that we took the dogs for a ride. Barney was not so sure about riding, but the other two loved it. After a bit, Barney figured out, the other two were not fussing so it must be good.
We are going to have a change in the weather, according to the weathermen and Weather Channel. I'll be doing more baking and such, with the roaster oven, to help keep the place reasonable warm(ish) I picked up a nice large steak that I'll cook roast style for the two of us. Picked up a couple of nice pork chops for under $5.00.. A bit high, but they are nice and thick. Tonight's dinner is going to be the left over Pizza from yesterday and salad. We've been craving Pizza for a couple of days. We tried out the Pizza Pit. just outside of Erin. I ordered the house salad and the pizza box nachos to go along with my share of the pizza... She gave me a funny look when I did that.. and now I know why.. What I thought would be small was huge. and it is the small.... I brought home most of the nacho's, and I'll have them for lunch today. I ate only one slice of the pizza last night, cause I was filled up on that salad. Jerry ordered Bread sticks and I'll have to warm those up for dinner, as well. I have a use for the box they came in, though. Our microwave plate broke, long ago and I've been trying to figure a way to put something over the spinner. I'm going to cut a hole in the middle of the smaller box and place that over the spinner so I can cook more in the center of the thing.
(update) The pizza box works great.  The pizza was ok.  I mean, it was left over pizza. We had salad with it, and some graham crackers for dessert. 
 

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LadiesCoffeeBreak/



Christmas countdown banner



No comments: