Tuesday, January 26, 2010

For Today...Jan 26, 2010


Outside my window... ( 9:00) A few flakes are flying but none are sticking. We have a bit of sun peeking out of the clouds as well.

 

(1:00) The snow has stopped. The sun is out, and I'm able to watch some squirels playing chase in the trees across the yard. Up to the top, jump to a different branch, race down, across to the next tree, up, and repeat. Not only has the snow stopped, what little was on the ground has melted as well. I admit, it's nice to see brown and tans instead of everything coated in plain ol white. If I ever have a home of my own, to paint the outside of, I want lots of color. makes me remember. long, long, long ago... we use to live in a house that was white with large, pink poka-dots on it. I don't think I would go to that extream, but I do want colors on my Home.

 

I stepped outside for a few minutes and although it's cool, it's not brutal. The sun is still shining and that makes me a happy person.

I am thinking... This is very unusual weather for Missouri for this time of the year. I LIKE IT!


From the kitchen... I think Jerry will be fixing chicken tonight, I wish he would try this recipe, but he won't

mexican chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts

1 c.chunky salsa

2 c.minute rice

1 c. whole corn

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet -add chicken cook untill

done.remove chicken from skillet. add 1 1/2 c. water and salsa and

bring to boil .stir in rice and corn,top with cooked chicken and

cheese.cook on low heat untill cheese melts

posted by Shelley in Crafting friendz group

I am wearing...Brown sweat pants and a flowered top under a white over shirt I wear when it's cool in the house.


I am creating... I finished up the place mats for Beth's Holiday set yesterday. We both some shiny gold material and she wanted silver zigzag trim on the sides. There is enough material for some napkins that I'll work on, later for her. I want to use some of the material to make a doll with, as well

I am hearing... the hum of the fan on my comptuer, the fan for the heater in this room and odd noises from the earbud I have connected to the computer. somthing robotic voice saying something about the internet.

Around the house... keep quiet so Beth can sleep, she had a rough night last night, this morning. She came home covered it potatoe "crap"

One of my favorite things... watching the wildlife when they can get out and play. We have a few squirels playing in the trees today.

A few plans for the rest of the week... no plans.

No comments: