Sunday, January 31, 2010

For Today... Jan 31, 2010

Last day of the Month

Outside my window... The sun is shining and I can watch Sam and Molly playing and when a truck goes down the dirt road, Sam runs to race it. I used the Sun on a window to mark a pattern on the next quilt block I want to make. I'll post a picture of it, soon

(3 33) A hawk just landed on a branch of a tree across the yard, He didn't stay long, but it was nice to see. I hope he's after the mice in the brush out there, We are still catching mice in the traps in the house. Caught two last night. I thought we had gotten rid of all the mice, but now I know better.


I am thinking... I'm glade Jan is all but over and Feb is starting tomorrow. The best thing about Feb is the fact that it's the shortest month of the year.

I am thankful for... A loving Family. Sure, I don't hear from them often, but I know they are there for me.

From the kitchen... (2 pm) Breakfast was a bowl of cereal and a banana. Lunch is a package of Remain soup with some chopped up beef roast added and some frozen vegetables added to it. Dinner will be Chili according to Jerry. I pulled out the ground beef for him.

I am wearing...dark blue sweat pants and a blue flowred top. ( I want to get some fresh clothes this spring)

I am reading... emails

I am hoping... That our tax papers come in the mail soon. I want to get them filed and see how much, if anything, we are getting back this year.

I am creating... I am starting work on the second quilt block of a quilt I want to make for Jerry. I'm thinking of using fleece to back it with, when I'm done with the top of it. Still un-decided on that part of it.

I am hearing...Jerry has Ice Road Truckers on. It's from two years ago. we missed the last two or three episodes of the last one. I hope they show them soon.

Around the house... I did a load of laundry, I need to do the dishes and set my alarm to remind myself to go do that. (6:00) got the dishes done. Now Jerry can cook chili from a can for us for dinner. (ha ha ha)

One of my favorite things... Watching the dogs run and play outside.

A few plans for the rest of the week... NO plans. Well plans for next weekend, but nothing special. Going to have Josh and Makeya over for Superbowl.

************

Chicken Quesadillas & Fiesta Rice

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into cubes

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup

1/2 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa

OR Pace® Picante Sauce

10 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed

Fiesta Rice

Heat the oven to 425°F.

Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until well browned and cooked through, stirring often. Stir in the soup and salsa. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

Spread about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto half of each tortilla to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water. Fold the tortillas over the filling and press to seal. Place the filled tortillas onto 2 baking sheets.

Bake for 5 minutes or until the quesadillas are hot. Serve with the Fiesta Rice.

Fiesta Rice: Heat 1 can (10 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Broth, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Stir in 2 cups uncooked instant white rice. Cover the saucepan and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with chocolate chip cookies.

From a flyer of Recipes for Campbell's soups, dated 1998

No comments: