Saturday, January 23, 2010

Afternoon "tea" with Banana Nut Bread


Hello. After an afternoon of shopping I had to have something to eat. I looked at all we had picked up and nothing suited me. I looked in the door of the fridge and low and behold I still have a bit of Banana Nut bread left. I just had to have it with a small glass of Orange juice after all tha walking around then putting away our purchases. Here is the recipe for it. Yeah, I did bake this one a bit too long. I had to hunt up the pot holders to remove it from the oven so it got a few extra minutes when I baked it. but even this dark, it's great.

Banana Nut Bread

½ cup softened butter

1 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe bananas)

2 cups flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp. baking soda

½ tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. salt

1 cup chopped walnuts , reserve a few for the top of the bread

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter and sugar together. Add one egg at a time and beat until smooth. Blend in the mashed bananas.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.

Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture until well blended.

Grease (or use baking spray) one regular size loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans. Add batter and bake for 1 hour for the larger loaf or 35 minutes for the smaller loaves. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes then remove from pans and let cool on wire rack.

No comments: