Friday, January 29, 2010

For Today... Jan 29, 2010

For Today... Jan 29, 2010

Outside my window... Sam is headed up the back drivway as fast as he can, Molly right behind him. No snow or ice, It all stayed south of us. just like the news said it would (ah.. Sam is chasing a white pick-up truck) We have had clouds all day, but no yucky stuff from them. I talked to Heather and she was just starting to get snow at noon, in Tennessee. She's going to let the kids stay at Grannie's house until it's over. Granny has a fireplace, in case the power goes out.

I am thinking...I wish I could be in two or three places at the same time. Would make life so much easier. Heather could do with a visit from her Mom right about now.

I am thankful for... Cell Phones. It's how I keep in touch with my family. Jerry has been getting lots of calls from some place in Delaware, Telemarketers. He's really getting mad at them. I read yesterday about how some have a button they can use to have someone else call back in a few minutes, a few hours or a few days, and some in spanish.. that would really rile him up. I told him, to be polite and just ask that they put his number on the do not call list. Don't know if it will help, or not.

From the kitchen... havn't got a clue

I am wearing... brown Sweat Pants, blue socks and purple sweat shirt over a blue tshirt.


I am hearing... Jerry playing a game on the big screen and the fans from the heater and my computer

Around the house... I did some picking up and repacking in the other bedroom. I need to do more. Need to get it all put in this room and empty that room so we don't feel like we've taken over so much of Beth's house.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Still no plans.

Colorful Cookie Buttons
Makes 3 dozen cookies


These tasty morsels are the perfect lunch-box treats!

 

Ingredients

1-1/2

cups (3 sticks) butter, softened

 

1/2

cup granulated sugar

1/2

cup firmly packed light brown sugar

2

large egg yolks

1

teaspoon vanilla extract

3-1/2

cups all-purpose flour

1-1/2

teaspoons baking powder

1/2

teaspoon salt

1

cup "M&M's"® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits

  

Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolks and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Shape dough into 72 balls. For each cookie, place one ball on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten. Place 8 to 10 "M&M's"® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits on dough. Flatten second ball and place over "M&M's"® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, pressing top and bottom dough together. Decorate top with remaining "M&M's"® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits. Repeat with remaining dough balls and "M&M’s"® Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, placing cookies about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 17 to 18 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.

No comments: