Monday, November 2, 2009

For Today... Nov 2, 2009

For Today... Nov 2, 2009



Outside my window... Today was beautiful. Pleasant tempature, A few high clouds and Just plain nice. A couple of weeks ago, I would have sworn that we were going to have snow on the ground by now from the way things were going. According to the forcast, we are in for a very nice week. with little chance of rain, and highs in the 60's almost unheard of, for this time of the year.

I am thinking... We had a good weekend. Although we didn't "Do" any thing for Halloween, we had fun toghter. Beth dressed up and we went shopping at Walmart. We sat and watched Ghost Hunters. Today I helped Beth die her hair a dark blue black. I've not done that before with her. I helped Heather, once, long ago. Far as I can tell I got all of her hair with the dye and it's not a bad look on her.

I am thankful for... Pleasant Days. We are still waiting for a phone call and it's eating at my nerves that Jerry still does not have a job this close to Christmas. We will get through this as we always do, together. I did take the dogs out a couple of times today. We share that responsiblity and it's always fun to see who the dogs will ask to take them out. Usually it's Jerry they go to, I think because he will walk all around the yard, where as I walk down the gravel a bit then back once they do what they are out for. I'm not sure where Beth takes them as I don't see her, when she's walking the dogs. Beth for taking us out for Breakfast this morning.

From the kitchen... I made a pork soup. Beth says it's soup not stew because it's not very thick and doesn't have any tomatoes in it. It's still good. I braised a package of cut up pork pieces in a bit of bacon grease in the bottom of the pan. Seasoned with some W-sauce, garlic and onion salt and a couple of good shakes from the season all can. Added lots of water, a package of Frozen vegetables from the freezer and a 1/2 cup of rice and let cook an hour. I then added 1/2 a package of noodles and let simmer a while more. It's nice and thick and filling. Jerry has no idea what he's missing. He didn't want any, and opted to cook something for himself instead. Now Jerry is making a dessert for us. Cake.

I am wearing... Dark grey sweats, and a blue t-shirt. I have three pairs of dark gray sweats.

I am reading... emails

I am hoping... Jerry gets a job soon. We can survive off his un-employment but only just. It's not enough to get us to the next job and in a motel room for two weeks, before the next paycheck comes in.

I am creating... I am thinking of starting a yahoo group, much like Susan's daily dose. She shares pictures and recipes and such and I thought that might be a fun thing to do.

I am hearing... Ncis on USA,

Around the house... I helped Beth dye her hair. Helped wash a load of laundry. Still need to fold what's in the dryer. Started cleaning off Beth's table. She wants to put a nice table cloth on it.

One of my favorite things... Watching the dogs play. They do so with no qualms of looking funny doing so. They just "Play".

A few plans for the rest of the week... I am going to work on Beth's house a bit. The kitchen will be first.

No comments: