Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27, 201, m y day so far and a reicpe,Dutch Oven Pork Roast

 
June 27, 2012
 
I made Jerry's breakfast, took the dogs out, saved my emails to my computer, then went back to bed until 7am.
 
As soon as I got up, I made the beds.
Then I put on my clothes for the day, (blue shorts and a splattered tshirt)
straightened up the bathroom, not that it needed that much attention

got my breakfast and meds into me, a bowl of shredded wheat cereal.

Took the dogs out for another walk and when we got back, I put down fresh water for the dogs then some dog food.
checked to see if the Hummingbird feeder needs more put in it, (No)
took out the trash. I think it was picked up before I put it out.. then I ran dish water for our few dishes and got them out of the way.
It's going to be another HOT day with a high expected to be around 92 F.  I Watched the Y&R I slept through yesterday, then took all the old Y&R shows off the DVR.  I then Watched most of a General Hospital I missed this week while picking up around the front of the camper.  I need my iron and I had to go look for it. I thought I had it in my drawer I keep my tops in, Not in there, but I sorted through and re-arranged it. Putting winter stuff and night gowns in the back and short sleeved tops in the front. I finished up that and started looking through the shelves for my iron, Found it, not where I thought I had put it but on the other side of the camper.  I got out a towel to iron the material one and was getting set to do that when Lauren knocked on the door. They are leaving as soon as Will gets his check. Momma D admited to the police that she had cut the power to the camper they are staying . He told her that was Illegal, as well as locking the shower house at night, because they have no other place to go for a shower. She spent about an hour over here with me. Enjoying what air I have blowing into the front of the camper. Once she left, I took the dogs out, and I called in the cats when we came back in. I think I'm going to have to keep the cats in for the rest of the day. I need to be sure they can get into the catbox. back in a minute. I had to move the Guitar out of the way. I have put the fan on the chair in the kitchen doorway to help blow the cooler air into the living room area.  I made up some flavored water with ice.
 
 
Dutch Oven Pork Roast
 
1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 lb)
1 (16 oz) jar salsa
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans undrained
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
 
Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 20-24 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
 
Line a Dutch oven with heavy duty aluminum foil; add the pork. Combine the salsa, kidney beans, salt and pepper; pour over pork.
 
Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash place Dutch oven directly on top of 10-12 of them. Using long handled tongs place remaining briquettes on pan, cover.
 
Cook for 1- 1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160. To check for doneness use the tongs to carefully lift the
cover.
 
If your cooking this in an regular oven.. Temp 350 for the same amount of time.

No comments: