Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wow, it's later in the day than I thought it was..

Hello.  Wow, it's later in the day than I thought it was.. Oh well.
I've about cleaned up from what I was working on this morning. Beth, our younger daughter, wants me to make her invitations to her daughter's 1st birthday party. She said she wanted a monkey face. I "Knew" I had seen one recently. But in which cart for the Cricut?  It took me about an hour just to find it. It took another hour and a half to get things just the way I wanted it to send her a sample. On the front is just a monkey face. Inside, a playful Monkey, a layered RSVP and a printed one, and a index card she can check off and send back to me, so I can make just the ones she wants me to make.

Then I had to take the dogs out.

I finally had Beth's card in an enevelope, ready to send out. Next I made a card for a friend who is in the hospital. The sticky is wearing off of my cutting mats and I didn't want to stop, clean them up, wait for them to dry, and take another go at it. So instead of spraying the cutting mats, I lightly sprayed the back of the card-stock with a bit of repositional glue and that worked out just fine for what I was doing. I still need to spray my mats but that can wait a day or two, now.
 
Last was a Card for a Card challenge. It is a card for a couple getting married. Now, I don't know anyone who is going to get married, but I just couldn't pass on a challenge. This one didn't take me too long to make either.

Then it was time to take the dogs out, again.

And then I realized, I didn't have any lunch. So I have a couple of boiled eggs, a banana and some cherries in front of me right now.
 

I did stay up this morning, for a while anyway. I watered my plants before the sun was up very much. I filled the Hummingbird feeder. I had to wash my hands afterwards cause I ended up spilling a bit of the sugar water that was inside all over my hands.

Put stuff back under the canopy as I figured Momma D would mow today, and she did. She was close to the camper around 11 but was far enough away I could watch Y&R. and if not, well I have it recorded and can watch it later.

Now, after I eat, I'm cleaning up the mess I made. Hope to sort out a couple of small boxes

Got to do the dishes, Not that there's a lot of them but I want them done anyway.

Man, it's hot outside. I thought it was getting cloudy but no, not really. we sure could use a good couple of days of a slow rain, I don't think we have much rain in the forecast though.   I checked out my plants as I walked the dogs back to the camper. They are handling the heat fairly well. I know I'll have to keep pouring water into them each morning.
 
It's so hot that we are going to eat out tonight. Bubba's has a good hamburger and is close by. Of course, I may have catfish instead. or chicken. or just a large salad. Not sure just what I want to have, yet.
 

 

 

Billie C.
What is a Friend?
It's better to have a partner than go it alone. Sure the work, share the wealth.
And if one falls dow, the other helps.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, the message

1 comment:

Lilac Dreams said...

I enjoy reading your daily post, and your cricut sounds like fun. Would like to see some of your cards