Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How does my Garden Grow?

The nursery rhyme comes to mind, doesn't it?
Mary, Mary, How does your Garden Grow?
Well. I'm not Mary, (My Mother's name was Mary, though) and she loved gardening.  I love to watch things grow, as well. Moving our home from time to time though, makes it a bit hard to have a garden and the last few years, I've been lucky to have one plant around let alone a garden. So this year, I'm growing a garden. Wait until I tell you about Cindy's garden up the hill from me.
The white containers are kitty litter jugs with the tops cut off.  I am growing Sage, Rosemary and Tarragon for cooking with. The Elephant Ear and Diatheses are flowers I had at the farm and they did very well. The catnip will be fore the cats, when it gets larger.
 I don't have a picture of my Sea Onion aka Pregnant Onion as it's still recovering from the puppy thinking anything in a cup, left in his reach, is his.. I'm lucky he didn't eat the plant, just chewed on it and bit and tore up the cup.
 
My Morning routine is to walk the dogs, Put Rocky and Macon inside, Barney out on a short line. Take a Kitty Litter bucket around to the water faucet, fill it as much as I can comfortable carry, Get my black chair and put it by the plants, get comfortable then use a cup to water everything. With a little water left in the bucket, I fill my bird bath. I also have to remove any dead bugs when I fill the bath. I don't think any of the birds are coming to it, but I like it.
 

Sage

Rosemary

Diatheses

Diatheses

and

Elephant Ear

 

Tarragon

and

Diatheses

 

Catnip

 

******

 

Billie C.


http://thelifeofbilliec.blogspot.com/



I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized i was somebody ~ Lily Tomlin


No comments: