Thursday, December 27, 2012

Good Afternoon

Hello ... After we went to Wal-mart we came home and just stayed in as much as possible. Jerry has a cold and I'm worried about him having to work outside in this weather. He slept almost all afternoon and went to bed early, as well.  We are suppose to get more rain on Saturday and although we have bills to pay, I hope he gets rained out. Jerry's suppose to have New Year's Day off, Not sure about New Year's Eve just yet.  I've just come back in from taking the dogs out this morning. It's cold enough I had to zip up my coat. They wanted to play... well Barney wanted to play and the other two wanted to keep away from him.  He's jump running trying to see where the cats are, trying to run up a tree after a cat, using Rocky as a launching pad.. that is until Rocky moved and Barney fell on his back. By the time Barney got back up Fuzzy was up a different tree glaring down at him.  He had a good workout before we got back into the house. I sat on the my bed and petted both Macon and Rocky for being such good dogs. Barney tried to  steal their attention. Oh wait, there's a cat who needs sniffed from nose to tail tip.. another cat.. oh no... Rocky is getting attention, have to hog up some of that... oh wait. Barney is in trouble  and hiding in a kennel. Now he's trying to wrestle with Macon.
All three cats are now content to come inside and warm up each morning when Jerry leaves for work.
(2 PM)
I've gotten the Kitchen cleaned up, dishes done and things put back where they belong. I've started my dinner, as well (see below) I'll have to put together a salad in a bit, and warm up some rice and my dinner will be done.
 
The dogs want to stare at the new camper.  Jerry said he saw a toolbox in the back of the truck when it passed us, so I doubt I'll see him here often.  Now that I've gotten the kitchen done, I need to go take a walk. I'll be back in a bit.
(3 PM)
Just got back in with the dogs. One round of this area's  driveway and down to the lake and back to the camper. Letting the dogs "Play" at the back of the camper until I felt a bit cool. Brought the dogs in and put them in the kennels and then fed the cats, two inside (Fuzzy and Tupelo) and one out ( Strips) He just refused to come inside at all for his can of cat-food. 
It's bright and cool with a bit of wind with a bit of bite to it. A good day to spend a few minutes outside.  The lake is a bit protected from the wind. Barney enjoyed jumping into the water but I think he was a bit surprised at how cold the water was. I wanted to walk along the lake a bit but the dogs had other ideas. That is why we came back up to the camper.
From the kitchen.. (11:00).  I won't know until I clean the fridge.
 
(2 PM)
 I'm making a 1/2 batch of this....
Crock Pot Meatballs
Easy and delicious.
Ingredients:
Meatballs (either frozen or homemade)
2 cans cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
seasoned salt and pepper
minced onions
Directions:
Mix two can of cream of mushroom soup with 1 can of water. Put meatballs (28 or so) in crock pot and pour soup mixture over them. Add salt, pepper, and minced onions. Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for about 8 hours. Serve them over rice or noodles or mashed potatoes. So very good. We love them.
I always make more than we need for one meal, then we can have the leftovers the next night for supper!
 
Servings: 4   
Time: 5 to 10 Minutes Preparation Time
4 to 8 Hours Cooking Time 
 

I am hearing... (11:00).  I watched one of the Christmas movies I DVR' d before Christmas "A Kincade Christmas"  I cried when the children sang Silent Night because it made me think of those 20 who are no longer here.  I had bought a card to send but I saw on the news that the town is asking for everyone to not send any thing. The post office and town are over whelmed with the items that are coming in every day. 
(3 PM) Jeff Probst.. but not sure I'm going to keep it on.  The story is about a woman who was raised in a storage unit for over 10 years by her father.
I am reading...(7 am) I have to get back in the habit of reading a Bible Chapter a day. Today I read Exodus 14
 
I am creating... (10 am)Green Glittered nail polish.  I read about it on the net.. I first tried with ultra fine Green Glitter.  It tinted the  clear polish green but didn't give me the glint I wanted.  I picked up a larger glitter while at Wal-mart Yesterday. I added it to the polish and it I love how it looks over white polish.  I'll be looking for a better white polish, I Think.  I can use green for so many holidays.  Not just Christmas, but Mardi Gras, Easter, St Patrick day.. I'm sure there will be other days as well when I want just a bit of shine on my nails.
(2 PM), It took me an hour to find the index cards I wanted. I figured I can hand write (as neat as I can which isn't very neat) many of the recipes for Bailey that I use this year.  I have a Sugar Cookie one already written out and I just made up some Italian Seasoning for my meatballs. I have a box already to put the cards into, I just need to fancy it up a bit..
One of my favorite things...  Taking the dogs down to the lake. They love going to the water.
A few plans for today... Cleaning the camper and getting my Serger out. Checking out the material I bought
 
A few plans for the rest of the week... find all my patterns . enjoy some time outside, walking.
 

Billie C
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BilliesChristmasCorner/


Christmas countdown banner





2 comments:

patty said...

A very happy new year to you, too, Billie! I hope your husband feels better AND gets rained out. :) And I hope you enjoyed those meatballs--they sound amazing!

Mountainrose said...

The meatballs were amazing over rice. I used Golden Mushroom soup, but any cream of soup would work. This is one of those easy to put together and leave me alone for a while crockpot meals.