Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas time

I have a list of people
All written in a book -
And every year at Christmas time
I go and take a look.

And that is when I realize
That those names are all a part -
Not of the book they're written in
But of my very heart.



For each name stands for someone
Who has crossed my path some time -
And in that meeting they've become
A treasured friend of mine.



And once you've met some people
the years can not erase -
The mem ory of a pleasant word
Or of a friendly face.


So when I send an email

That is addressed to you -

It's because you're on that 'Special list'

Of folks that I'm indebted to.


And you are one of several folks

In times past that I've met -

And happen to be one of those

I don't want ever to forget.


And whether I have known you

For many years or few -

In some way you have had a part

In shaping things I do.


So this is the Spirit of Christmas

That forever still endures -

May it leave its richest blessing

In the hearts of you and yours.

 

Billie C
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BilliesChristmasCorner/



Christmas countdown banner


No comments: