Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug 14


Jerry is still not feeling well. Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever has he worn totally out. I offered to make breakfast but he wanted to go out. He didn't want to go to a buffet but we did anyway. We went to Shoney's. It was ok. They have changed their menu.. or so the hostest said.. I didn't notice any change unless having one side of the steam table empty is change


. After breakfast, We headed back toward the camper. Jerry pulled over in to the lane to go to Wal-Mart and I asked him, where are we going? He said he may as well get his gas right now, since we are out.. Ok, drop me off at the Dollar General and I'll get the pet food and a few other items that are on my list at home. I spent just over $20 between the dog food, canned cat food. mouth wash (to spray at the cat when they are in trouble) Lysol, a comb for me, and some note cards. Oh, can't forget the Q-tips. I have to keep those hid from the cats. They found my last box and emptied it before I knew they had it. There wasn't many left in it, but still..... By the time I was done shopping there, Jerry was waiting for me to come out of the store. So I toss everything into the back of the van and we head toward the camper again. Save a lot is on the way. I thought he was going to get out, but he changed his mind on that. I spent just over $80 and since I'm was buying for more than just a week, that's not bad at all. I took advantage of the 5 for $19.99 sale. I picked up mini pizza's that we can cook in the toaster oven. think that will be for dinner tonight. A large package of ground beef. A package of 4 large hamburger patties. I mean huge patties. each one is enough for a meal. so I figure two meals out of that. two to three from the hamburger, two meals of the pizza's and I found a nice package of steaks that I'll get two meals out of. the last item of the special is a bag of meat balls. That will save me some time when I'm ready to make it up. I could just get out the crockpot, pour in 1/2 a bottle of spegettie sauce and 1/3 of a pack of those meatballs. and let that cook a few hours. I have a small crock pot. From there, we came home. I told Jerry. You go inside, I'll bring it all in and when I get it in, I'll put it away. It's not that I was really being nice to him. I need to know where things are and he doesn't always put things where I would put them.


He was falling asleep on the couch and I had to tell him to go to bed. He tends to spread out when he falls asleep on the couch and I was starting to feel penned in. I'll let him sleep as much as he can today. I will try to get him to go to bed early each night this week. Which means I may be going to bed early myself each night.


I found a tick on Rocky last night. Rocky does not like to be patted but loves to be rubbed. I had just trimmed my nails and when I sat on my bed, he got up beside me and pawed at my hand . That's his way of asking me to rub on him. He got a really big grin (for a dog) on his face and you could tell he was really loving that, when I felt a bump.. he turned to I could get to that bumb better and I'll be.. a tick. It hadn't been on him long, and I sure hope not long enough to give him anything more than an itchy back. After I got the tick off, he didn't want me rubbing on him any more.


Dinner was a hamburger pattie, some fried potatoes, green beans and some bugle snacks.


I took the dogs each for a walk around the campground. I wore two pedimeters and they both came up close to 1.30. or just under 3000 steps. That was just for going around and not all day's steps. Think I'll start wearing one again.


No comments: