Thursday, December 9, 2010

For Today, December 9, 2010, Minted Fruit Kebabs

For Today... December 9, 2010

Good Morning. Not much going on here, right now. Jerry was so tired last night that he went to bed early. Not long after Survivor went off. Not that I blame him any. He was up a couple of time the night before becayse of pain in his sholder. He said it's getting a bit better. I've taken the dogs outside this morning and it's downright cold out there. Even they were in a hurry to finish up and get back inside.

 

Outside my door ... (6am) No signs of the Sun yet.. it's cold and the grass under foot was crunchy when I walked on it. I forgot to ake the keys out with me to start the van to defrost the windows.

(8am) Now that the sun is up... it's nice and bright outside. We may reach the upper 40's today. Suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow and Satureday, but then back down in the basement again.

The dogs ... Don't like it cold outside. They "Hurry" and want to run back in. I don't run. Once in the first they do is see what the kittens are doing.

 

The Kittens ... are much more adventurouse now. Last night they were behind the blinds, in the blinds or playing through the blinds. the slept most of the night with me. I was up three or four times and the last time, instead of them sleeping, decided it was play time. Two were under the comforter with me and two were outside of it.. Jumping on the two under and on me.

 

From the kitchen... Think I'll fix the rest of the pack of burger patties I have since they are opened. Jerry will like that. Think I'll slice up a few potatoes and toss them in the skillet for the starchy part of the meal and fix the last of the salad to go with that.

 

I am hearing... As always, I have the TV on. Got the water dripping in the sink to keep it from freezing. And the heater, that I put on the floor for a bit, because my feet are cold and I have no way to get them off the floor and still type on my laptop.

I am wearing... Dark grey Sweat pants and a purpl;e sweat shirt. I'm also wrapped up in a long piece of fleece as well.

********

Minted Fruit Kebabs

"From Our Home to Yours"

Ozark First Church of the Nazarene"

2004

1/4 medium Cantaloupe

4 Strawberries, hulled & cut in half

2 Kiwi Fruit, peeled & cut into chuncks

1 Tablespoon chopped Mint

1 Tablespoon Lime Juice

1 Nectarine or Peach, unpeeled and cut into slices

With a melon baller, scoop out cantaloupe into balls or cut into chunks. In a medium bowl, toss melon, strawberries, nectarine, kiwi, nint and lime juice. On skewers alternate fruit. Serve with pourable raspberry fruit (syrup?) Garnish with a sprig of mint.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds yummy, my daughter LOVES fruit!