Tuesday, December 7, 2010

For Today... December 7, 2010

As you can see in the above picrure, the leaves have fallen from the trees. More of the light come through the trees now that the leaves are off and they make strange shadows on the ground. The squirrls are having lots of fun running from tree to tree and chasing each other.

We did the laundry last night. Took a bit longer than we expected to and we left later than we thought we would so I didn't get to the Dollar General store like I thought I would have time to. That's ok, cause I'll have Jerry take me, tonight

 

Our last few nights have been cool enough that we had to dribble water to keep the water lines from freezing up. Sure, we heat taped the incoming hose but that doesn't mean the waterlines under the camper will be all that protected from the cold. I washed Jerry's work coat and coveralls. I really didn't know he was going to toss those in, I don't think he knew either, until the last minute.

I fixed a crockpot of beans last night for our dinner. I fixed up a salad and baked up three biscuits each. We plumb forgot that I had also made pudding for dinner. I mixed up some Butterscotch pudding, placed some vanilla cookies in the bottom of two large bowls, spooned in some of the pudding. sliced up a banana into each bowl then spooned the rest of the pudding on top. That will be our dessert for tonight.. I'm afraid the cookies on top are going to be extra soggy so I'll cruch up a couple more vanilla cookies and sprinkle on top.

We didn't get any snow flurries last night. Now they are saying tomorrow night, south of us. We will see. We will see. It can stay south. I like a little snow but I had enough of it last year to last me a while.

Outside my door ... It's bright and sunny but it doesn't seem to be warming up muchl. Of course it's December and it's suppose to be cold. We are suppose to be in the mid 40's again today with a slight warming trend until this weekend then colder again.

 

The dogs .. . Are sleeping on our beds. The floor is cold. Rocky was a bit miffed at Jerry last night because he was not taken for a ride when we did the laundry. It was too cold for him to be out in the van with no heat on.

The Kittens ... The kitten have been busy this morning. I put the bag I bought them, between the kennels to get it out of the way. They were not playing with it, you know.. It's taken them 3 hours, but they have finally gottne out out and one is inside with the other 3 outside trying to get in with it.

From the kitchen...

I'll be fixing a roast for tonights dinner. I'll fix green beans with it, as well as potatoes. It's a meal in one pan.

I mixed up some Butterscotch pudding, placed some vanilla cookies in the bottom of two large bowls, spooned in some of the pudding. sliced up a banana into each bowl then spooned the rest of the pudding on top. That will be our dessert for tonight.. I'm afraid the cookies on top are going to be extra soggy so I'll cruch up a couple more vanilla cookies and sprinkle on top.

I am hearing... the tv is on. "The View" is about to come on and I like watching that. I'm still not so sure if I like "The Talk" or not.

I am wearing... Maroon sweat pants and purple top.. not the best matched of sets but it's nice and warm.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My ex mother in law made this and it is terrific! The wine and cheese make it! I forget what she called the recipe though. Good with noodles and broccoli or carrots.