Tuesday, March 23, 2010

For Today, March 23, 2010

For Today... March 23, 2010

Yesterday was cool and we just sorta hid in the camper all day long. We did take the dogs for a small walk in the afternoon, but none of us were really wanting to.
We've taken the dogs out once for a long walk already today, and plan on another this afternoon. I have the door open and the vetns up and letting the camper air out.
The neighbors' wife has shown up, with kids. I counted at least 4 kids and there may be 5.. gads. The kids are young, loud and the dogs want to go play with them. Jerry is yelling at the dogs to be quiet and then the kids get louder and the dogs want to go out all the more.. I looked out back, and the kids have scattered beer cans and beer bottles all over the place. I hope they clean it up. I'll just have to wait and see if they pick up or not.
We are doing some minor work on the camper. Jerry thinks he's fixed all the leaks. I hope so. He's putting the bathroom back together. He took off some trim thinking he could get under the sink and now it needs to be pop-rivited back in place. The plastic insert was painted but since it's plastic, the paint isn't staying on it. So I took it outside and used a small sanding block to remove what paint was left on it.

I have the door open and the vents up and it's wonderful to hear the birds singing on the hill. I think We'll sit outisde again this afternoon.

I need to work on some handicrafts sometime soon. I have to repair a quilt that my Great Aunt Duke made back in the late 80's to early 90's.. The seams are coming apart. I have some cotton thread that I'll hand sew the pieces together with. I also want to add a lable to the backside explaining who Aunt Duke was, about when she made this quilt and how old she was when she died. If I recall she was 93 or 96.

4 pm. Jerry and I took a long (to me) walk at the AU Arboritum today. I will need to take my camera with me next time we go. There are many trails there, and many people who let their dogs run loose when it is clearly posted that all dogs must be on a lead. I'm glade we went, but I'm also glade we didn't take the dogs with us.



Outside my window... The sky is blue and there are a few high clouds. I have the windows open and the door open and the slight breeze is blowing the stink out of the camper.

I am thinking... I need to walk more often. Although I still have a cough, it's not as bad as it was and walking seems to have helped it out some. Jerry and I are going to try to go walking more often.

I am thankful for... Good weather and sunshine. I need to get outside more and do more walking and good weather is what I need to do that so I'm thankful for good walking weather.

From the kitchen... Althought I pulled out two cans of chili, I'm not sure yet if I'm going to fix that or some chicken I pulled out of the freezer to thaw a couple of days ago. Breakfast was Sausage, potatoe and eggs for Jerry and cereal for me. I made up some fish salad and had some one crackers for lunch.

I am wearing... Light grey sweatpants and a flowered top.

I am reading... besides email, I wnat to read one of my old "Countryside" magazines.

I am hoping... That Jerry gets the phone call soon Sitting here, waiting for a call is hard on our nerves. We know we are in a good place, but for how long.

I am hearing... We have a movie in the DVD player since we lost cable a couple of hours ago.

Around the house... cleaned up in the bedroom area a bit. Cleaned up in the bathroom as well.

One of my favorite things... Bird song. We have windows open so we can hear the birds in the brush behind the camper.

A few plans for the rest of the week... no plans. Hope to do some more walking this week. and do some more sorting and cleaning up.

No comments: