Tuesday, January 9, 2018

January 9, 2018

Ah, a change in the weather. It won't last but while it's here, I'm going to enjoy it. It's cloudy and foggy outside right now but a high of the ay near 50 will be most welcomed. We might have some Snow on Saturday. but as long as it's not really, really cold, I'll enjoy it. But before that we might even be in the mid to 60's on Thursday. The dogs didn't want to hurry this morning. I let them have the few extra minutes while I did some cleaning up of the yard. Trying to keep ahead of that while I can because when it gets cold again, it will be harder to get off the ground. It was pleasant enough to not feel a chill while walking around in the grass "hunting' it all.

 It's nice to not have to leave the water dripping or have the heaters going full blast today. I'll be gone most of the morning and the dogs don't need it as warm as I do in here.

 Yesterday's dinner was more of a breakfast. I made buttermilk pancakes and then fried an egg to go on top. I had a cup of mandarin oranges for dessert.
 
Today I went to the Center and the menu called for roasted pork with gravy,Pinto beans, Okra and tomatoes, along with some cornbread. The Center was closed due to weather so instead of the roasted pork with a  dessert of diet Cherry Jell-o.  we had what was on the menu for yesterday.  we had beef teriyaki, Oriental Blend Vegetables that was mostly broccoli, pineapple orange juice, and a chocolate Marshmallow pie (snack cake)

 I wondered what Evelyn was going to make for those who don't much care for the offered meal. Evelyn made a large pot of white beans and a pan of corn bread. She had some cut up onion to go in the beans.  I crumbled up a small piece of the cornbread into a small bowl then put the beans on top then added a few onion pieces to it. Very good. 
My breakfast this morning was a banana, cut up into a bowl along with a serving of oatmeal with cinnamon and ginger added to the bowl. I've not added anything else because I figure I can get a bite or two at the center. Evelyn had made a fruit cobbler that I had a small serving of that was just the perfect. Half a spoon full was more than enough.
 I sat with Doris this morning. We chatted a bit, mostly about our dogs. Someone brought in a hand full of books and I picked up "The Amish Groom". I will read it then take it in for someone else to read, when I'm done with it. I really do need to start reading again.  I'm taking in a rock I finally finished, to put on Evelyn's desk. It says "I'd Rather Be At The Beach". and has a painted shell of a beach with two more much smaller shells glued to it.

 The worst thing about weather like this, is I don't get out and see people. I did talk with Hubby on the phone, after he got off work after 8 hours. and Don called to let me know he would be here to get me around 8:30 this morning. 

 I watched the local news this morning and the national news on CBS but really, there isn't a whole lot of "News" on the news any more. They were talking about how this is the 6th anniversary of the makeover of the news show. but they didn't mention that Charlie Rose is no longer on the show. Most of the rest was either about North and South Korea or what Oprah said at an awards show on Sunday.
 
 I'm wearing "warm" clothes today. Gray Jogging pants and a purple sweater .Heather doesn't like it when I call my pants "sweat pants". I did get my hair brushed and sprayed to keep it from going all wild on me this morning. I found a blue button up sweater at Serenity Thrift store and decided I want to take it with me today. I did get my blue parka mended. It took me much longer than I expected. 
 I need to change my nail polish soon and I noticed a few chips after I got dressed. 
 
 
 
I need to find something to either finish or add more to. I might get out the Cricut and cut some paper or paint some rocks when I get home, after I do the dishes and paint my nails that is.
 I do need to get a few things done around here, before I do any crafting. Dishes and sweep the floors. maybe even mop the floors if it's not still muddy outside.  I should go through and print out old "Crafts Newsletters'. First thing I do, after I put my things down inside, is let the dogs go out for a quick Potty break. The neighbor across the drive was out, on his phone so I had to cut the dogs being out a bit short since they wanted to stare and bark at him rather than taking care of business.

 My plans for today are still to get the dishes done and then I want to work on a craft or two. I'm not sure what I'll fix for dinner yet. Maybe a Bateman meal, or I'll open a can of pork and warm it up and put it on a roll.  I'll sweep the floors but not mop until tomorrow since it's still very muddy outside. I am thinking of moving a couple of rocks from the other side of the house to put under the steps so I'm not sliding around in mud when I'm trying to come into the camper.
 
 









 

No comments: