Friday, January 5, 2018

Jan 5, 2018

Jan 5, 2018
Hello.
I know that the nation is facing some really bad weather and here in the Sequatchie valley we are not fairing much better. We wer at 9F this morning , before the sun came up. and now at 8:30 we are at 13F. We might get up to the Freezing point before it starts to go back down into the teens again tonight. It's so cold that the job Hubby is working on has been called off for the weekend and he'll be back on site by Monday morning. I am thinking that he's going to end up changing out the propane tanks before he has to leave, because it's been so cold over the last few days.  Even with a heat tape under pipe insulation and running the water at more than a drip I expected for the water to freeze up. But, the great news is, we still have running water to the camper. It may even get warm enough I can turn off the hot taps long enough that I can heat water in the hot water tank to do up the dishes..or I just might use a large pan and heat water on the stove and keep more of the heat inside the camper. (thinking thats what I"m going to do)
The dogs were taken out, after the sun had come up. It wasn't very warm but they had to go out. Macon was first to finish and Barney was not far behind him. Then the nieghbor came down his steps and those two decieded to bark, so into the camper I sent them. Rocky wasn't finished just yet, so I let him stay out a bit longer. He didn't bark but sure looked like he was ready to go meet them. Not today, dog, it's too cold to stand around meeting people.
I'm not sure, yet, what to fix for dinner tonight. I might just go with chili and corn chips.  Of course, Hubby might not want that so plans could change.
I painted my fingernails yesterday. I am not sure how long that will last, but I want to get back to painting them at least once a week. more often if the paint gets chipped or messed up somehow.

Billie C.










No comments: