Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018

Hello
It's been a bit chilly here today and we have snow on the ground. Not a lot of it, not enough to cover the ground but enough to see it around the base of trees. Scchools were canceled as was the Senior Center today. I just check the Closings list from one of the local TV stations and so far nothing around here has been canceled tomorrow but there is still plenty of time for that to still happen.  If it stays cold there is a chance that the schools and the Senior Center wil be closed. To much risk of someone getting hurt on the roads around here. We don't usually get a lot of slick roads and it's better to stay home and be safe than to risk anyone getting hurt trying to come down off one of the mountains. Welp, I just checked the closing again.. and our local schools are closed so the Senior Center will also be closed tomorrow.
I had the dogs out just a bit ago. Once the all pee'd Barney got a wild bee, and was trying to get the other two to play with him in the snow. He was "Mad Dashing" back and florth a ew times and barking and just plain out enjoying himself in the snow. I would have stayed out longer but my feet were getting cold. When we came back inside I changed my socks. I didn't realize that my socks had gotten that damp before  i went outside or I would have changed them before we went out.  I changed my shoes, as well. I think I may have to toss out that pair of shoes at this rate.  The heat has come on a couple of times. I am wearing layers and am comfortable enough for now. I still need to  call the Gas Station where we get propane  in a bit to see if they have gotten a delivery in or not.  According to the local weather, it's going to warm up into the 50's by this next weekend. Not sure for how long that is going to last.
I fixed the last of the white beans for my lunch and pulled a container of Beef Stew out of the bunk room to fix for my dinner.It's easy to warm up and easy to clean up when I'm done.  I'm debatting about wether to have a fruit cup or a cream filled cookie for my dessert.   my breakfast was oatmeal with Ginger Sugar and Cinnamon in it. two slicees of toast and two scrambled eggs.
I've been catching up on some of the things recorded over the last couple of weeks.  Mainly Scorpion and now, Call the Midwife.
I've been wearing layers today. PJ bottoms under my jogging pants. three tops and a hat. My feet are still cold even with two pairs of socks on so I might have to find something else to put on them to warm them up.
I painted 4 rocks today. I need to seal them soon.
 

Billie C.

No comments: