Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year

Hello, and Happy New Year.
2018 has begun and we are in a cold snap, The Low tonight is going to be very close to 0f with wind chills going as low as -10F. This area is NOT use to this kind of cold.
Our water froze up, this evening. I had just run it about 10 minutes before, but when Hubby went to flush, no water. Oh boy. We do have a broken part but should be able to replace it tomorrow, once things get warm enough we can thaw the water out. The only bad thing is Hubby had hoped to get out of here early enough to arrive back at his current job before it gets dark. I'm afraid that isn't going to happen.  Even the dogs do not want to go outside when it's this cold and I can't blame them for that at all. At least we don't also have to deal with any snow with all of this, right now.  Up North. they are dealing with both cold and snow.
 
I've had the croup for over two weeks now. Dry, hacking cough, fever off and on. Chills from time to time. but I'm feeling much better and I didn't have high fever at all. When I would check my temp, it would be in the normal range, so I would think I'm getting over this "what ever", and after getting back home from the Senior Center would end up with another bout of hacking cough then end up sleeping most of the afternoon. Wake up long enough to take care of me and the dogs and a few very basics, then go sleep some more. Not much of Christmas can get done if your sleeping so much.
I made a batch of Cinnamon Popcorn but couldn't take it to the Senior center because I ended up scortching it a bit. Hubby loved it and gave only the really dark pieced to the dogs.
I made a second batch to share with the Senior's after he left to go work in Mountain City TN.
 I did make "Jell-o Cookies" for the cookie exchange and put together a medium bag of things for the gift exchange that included a cup with a sip lid that didn't have threads for it to be screwed into the cup. I ended up with 10 pounds of Chocolates. I regifted one of the boxes to our land lord to take to his church
 
Christmas was very simple this year.
We slept in late and I was still first awake. Took care of the dogs, Went to Daughter's for gift exchanges and a Chili Dinner, then home again where I slept even more.
We had stocking this year. I did my own since Hubby can't find a thing for me even at Dollar Tree and he was surprised at what all I put into mine. His had even more things and all small thins he could use.
 
Hubby got me an Electric Blanket. He put a power scooter in lay a way for me, to be picked up before Spring. Daughter and the Grands got me some very cute Owl Succulent planters. Now to get the soil and plants to fill them with.
 
 
I gave Heather a few odds and ends I knew she would like. A knee brace that she can wear under her pants that might help give her knee some support. A Scarf. She was the only one who didn't get a scarf last year. A rock I painted, thinking she might like the thought of a "Man" for Christmas. I don't think she got it that I was trying to be a bit funny.
It's not yet dry from the sealer when I took this picture.
 
Bailey got some make up brushes and sponges since she's trying to be more creative with her make up.
 
Corbin got a solar powered tech kit from us.
 
Hubby had to go back to Mountain City the day after Christmas and I took down all of Christmas after he left. There wasn't a lot to take down. A few items I had in the windows. a couple of flower pokes on the top edge of the slide out. Our two socks and that's about all I had out. hubby got back in town in time for New Year's Eve. We didn't watch the year in, but wished each other a Great year, when we woke up this morning. We were doing really good until after the sun went down and our water froze. The heat tape had lost power and once that happened it didn't take long for it to freeze solid and it broke the inlet to the camper so instead of leaving early to go back to work, we are going to have to leave early to go get replacement parts and get it fixed before he leaves.
 
 
 
 
 

Billie C.

No comments: