Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Jan 2, 2018


Hello, again.
Our day was spent in trying to get water back into the camper. I know, it's seems to be a yearly problem. We were doing great, Had water up until dinner time. In less that about 5 minutes, the water froze solid. The ice broke the inlet valve into the camper and, of  course, it has to happen after all the RV Supply Stores had closed, or were closed because it was a Holiday. So, we were up extra early this morning. a Quick breakfast of eggs and toast then out the door on our way to Chattanooga to try to find the parts. Hubby had looked on line and Camping World said that the parts were in stock at their Store in Ringgold Ga. it's about an hours drive away, but on the other side of the time lie from us. when it's 5 here, it's 6 there. We get there, they are open but after Hubby is inside about 7 minutes comes out shaking his head. Their inventory may have said they had it, but in reality they do not. (argh) There is another RV SParts store that we passed on our way to Ringgold. I have even suggested we try there first but since he could check on line with them (they were closed New Years Day) ... well we get there and they have the parts we need. Back home. I help hold things while he loosens things then tighten things and that part is fixed. but now we have to thaw the water hose. Okay. I bring it into the camper, put it in the bath tub and plug in the heat tape. It took about an hour to get somewhat thawed.. and Hubby "blew" into one end and thought it was empty... nope. the end was broken. So off to find a water hose that is potable water safe, and more pipe insulation. Walmart is out of the pipe insulation but I suggested ACE Hardware. They have some but it's not 1 inch, it's 1 1/4 inch, which we figure should be okay since the 1 inch is a bit tight over the heat tape. Back home. remove the old pipe insulation and heat tape from the old water hose and then put the heat tape and new pipe insulation onto the new hose. and things are still frozen up.. after a bit of working though, we got water running to the bathtub.  I can live with that. It's enough to keep the dogs from being thirsty. I hav a large cup of water by my side and the water is still running in the tub.  I refilled the empty water jugs but will need more ater to heat it up so I can wash off, and do up a few dishes the old fashioned way of wash in one water, rinse in another water and then place in the strainer.
The sun is going down, so I better get the dogs outside for a few minutes. There were out while the sun was up and shiining but not for very long and I'm sure they will want to go out again after dark before I go to bed. Back in a few minutes...
 
There, the dogs have been out side for a few minutes. They didn't want to linger too much as it's cold out there.
I've moved the heater, again, trying to warm up the areas where the water might be frozen at.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. The heat came on and I'' have to turn it down here in a bit or I'll run out of propane before the end of the week. I'm wearing layers and a hat inside. That will help me be comfortable without having to run the heat up too high.  I'll turn it down even more when I leave for the Senior Center during the day. I can turn it back up when I get back in and the dogs can handle cooler better than I can. I am in hopes that we will have tempertaures above freezing tomorrow.
Driving into Chattanooga wwent well. We were able to watch the sun come up and see the different colors emerge as we went up one hill or down into another and up anther one.  The sun brightend up the edges of some clouds and that was so very bright and nice to see.
 

Billie C.








No comments: