Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jan 7, 2018

Hello again.
It's been a busy first week of the year. We had a quiet New Years Eve. We even went to bed early and only woke up when we heard the fireworks going off. The dogs barked, once. We had frozen water pipes all day New Years day, and couldn't do anything about that until January 2. We left early on the 2nd to go to Chattanooga to get parts to fix the inlet to the camper. The first place we went to, Camping World, showed on their web site that they had several in stock. When we got there they didn't have any on the shelf.  I suggested we stop in Hixson at a RV place that we have gotten parts from before, and they had the parts we needed. So back home and Hubby got the parts replaced even though it was very cold outside. He was able to get water to the tub before he had to leave to return to a job he is on. He worked a few hours on Wednesday and a few more on Thursday, but it was still way to cold for anyone to be working outside. The job shut down for the weekend and he came home of Friday. Hubby left here around 10:30 to go back to the job, again. The weather forecast looks like it's going to be much warmer for working outside, but wet and maybe icy as well.  He's got the clothes for this kind of weather but not so sure anyone else he's working with are prepared for this kind of weather.
    We went to the Auction last night and enjoyed ourselves.  We didn't pick up a lot of things. some charge sticks for his phone, one for me for when I take my non served phone to the Senior Center. I can catch up on facebook through the Wi-Fi on it, but can't get any calls on it.
    We ran out of Propane in the tanks this morning. Hubby was able to change out both tanks before we left for our usual Sunday Buffet Breakfast. He had put fresh propane tanks on the camper on December 31 so they only lasted a week. But this past week was very cold and I tried to be very conservative with the heat. Next week looks to be much warmer so maybe the tanks will last longer. Hubby's pay day is Thursday so I can ask our daughter to take me and the tanks to a local refill station once his money drops into the bank account.  I'm not sure I have enough "Umph" to get the tanks into their holes on the camper. I will try but I might have to ask Daughter to help with that if I can't get them up high enough
   I took the dogs outside, once Hubby left to return to work. The dogs did not like it when it was so cold. It's feeling much warmer today and Barney wanted Macon to play with him.  He kept pulling on Macon's lead trying to get Macon to chase him.  I cleaned the yard while I could and then took both that bag and the trash from inside the house to the roll around bin out front. I expect I'll have to repeat that on either Tuesday or Wednesday. 
    It was Sunny when I had the dogs outside a second time, about an hour ago and now, it's looking yucky again. It's not getting cold inside yet, and I'm wearing layers anyway. I will have to run the heat for a bit this evening because I need a to clean up to go to the Center tomorrow. That is if it's not canceled due to bad weather. We are on the edge of where the ice and snow and rain are to come in late tonight then change over to rain. If it changes early enough, no problem. If it's icy I doubt the Center will be open. I had brought out my long dark blue (purpleish) Parka from storage a few weeks ago, and saw that one of the inside seams had come apart. I kept putting off sewing it back together but today, figured I better get it done. Well, it wasn't just one seam but both seams that go up under the arms. I had to get out my magnifying glass for crafting in order to thread the needle. I didn't use it for the first seam but needed it for the second one just to be sure I was catching the material each time I did a stitch.  I wore the coat outside when I just took the dogs out, just to be sure it is still going to be warm enough over the next few days. This parka is more water repellent that any other coat I have and I don't want to wear a rain coat. When I broght the dogs inside, I brought the ends of the leads in, so they will be warm and dry when I take the dogs out after dark this evening for their "last Call". making sure the door will still close well and not gap around the leads too much. I have a small rug I can toss over in that area to help keep the cold out.
    I'm not sure what I'm going to fix for my dinner right now. I have a bit of browned ground beef, enough for me for one meal. I also have some Beef Rib meat that I really should get out of the fridge before it goes bad. Thinking I'll do that. I'm not sure what I'll do for a vegetable though. I found that all my salad had gone bad in the fridge. I don't like canned vegetables, but I'll eat it if I have to.  I do have some Tuna and canned Chicken I can make meals with along with some Chicken noodle soup, some tomato soup, some beef stew and some other canned meals that are easy to make. I have thought of making a small pot of white beans for dinner for tomorrow. I have a small slice of ham I can add to it. 
    
 

Billie C.









No comments: