Thursday, January 11, 2018

January 11, 2018

Hello.  I do hope you are doing well.  It's been a bit dreary here and although I have enjoyed being outside, it's very damp and gray.

I did paint a rock while at the Senior Center today. I just put the year on it (2018). I will seal it in a few days.  I did paint 4 rocks here at the camper, last night. I already had one painted and after I returned from the Center, I put the first coat of sealer on them. I will put another one in a little while then, I'll turn them over and add "F #Dunlaprocks" to the backs and then seal those as well. I don't know if I'll put them out this weekend or not.  
 
You know. most years of the Olympics, there is some fuss being made. I wonder why not this year.
 

There isn't much housework I need to attend to today. Most I got done, before I left for the center. The bed is made and the few dishes are washed up and the floors are all swept.
Because the Center will be closed for MLK day, next Monday, I received a box of frozen food to be warmed up in the microwave. It has two days of food in it. one the holiday and one for the Wednesday after next. The Place that sends the hot meals, does not send meals on two Wednesday a month. November and December, we had a  carry in (Pot luck) on one of those days. I'm not sure yet, if there will be a carry in this month or not.  The Director of the center is decorating for Valentines day, already. I kinda hoped that she would have put up snowflakes and winter stuff for January, instead.  I just don't  want to get  tired of Valentine and "Love" stuff before February 14.
I saw with Doris this morning, before and after painting a rock. She didn't look very well after we had our dinner. I sure hope she's not getting sick. I changed tables where I sit because at the first table, I was the only one there until a few minutes before 11 each day. Dinner is serve at 11:30.  I was asked if any one at that table had upset me and I reassured her no, but that I had noticed that Doris has been sitting alone and wanted to keep her company. Also Doris and the other ladies who sit at that table also ride the bus to the center. I do enjoy the ride in and from the Center. It's not a long ride and without it, I would not be able to go.
I made oatmeal for my breakfast this morning. I added a ripe banana a spoonful of ginger sugar, and a large spoonful of peanut butter. I had two small spoonfuls of Cherry Dumplings that Evelyn had made for this morning. She used pie crust for the dumplings. She also made a vegetable soup and I had a small bowlful of that just before dinner was served. The menu called for BBQ Chicken but it was not BBQ at all. It was a bit spicy but it was not BBQ sauce. I got too much corn and a bit to much of the greens. The "Biscuit" was not very large which was a good thing since I was almost full by the time I got to it on my plate. I brought home the banana and the carton of milk. I'll use the milk over some cereal this weekend.
I am going through some of the things we have recorded over the last few weeks. Right now I am watching "Victoria". Once I finish that, I'll catch up on "Y&R" or watch something on Nexflix.
I work a lighter weight gray T-shirt that has Angel wings and the word "Faith" on it. I did change my nail polish yesterday from a red to a dark purple. I think Purple is a good color for cold weather.
 

Billie C.

No comments: