Tuesday, January 26, 2016

For Today ... Jan 26

Howdy.... Jan 26

Jerry was laid off last Friday and so the job hunt has begun again. He expected it to happen and I had hoped that it wouldn't have until at least the first of the February. Ah well, it is what it is. He's put in a few applications but no word on any of them just yet.
 

Jerry's been taking the dogs out most of the time and doing most of the cooking. I've let him take over the TV while he's off work. The shows that I watch are being recorded and I can watch them later.
 

Yesterday was a nice enough day, weather wise. It was sunny and warm enough that the heater only came on a few times. I woke up to rain this morning. I think it's suppose to stop this afternoon and if it does we should go get the rest of the laundry done. It's not far from our camper but we do have to carry it a little way from the car to the laundry room. I have no idea why there isn't a way to park closer to it.  I will sort the laundry we still have in the camper after breakfast and then straighten up the bedroom while I'm in there.
 
Our high today is to be close to 50 with lots of rain, and the over night low just a bit below freezing. The weatherman is saying that our weekend is going to be even nicer with a high close to 60.
 

The dogs prefer that Jerry take them out and indicate that by, when it's time to go out, they sit in front of him and stare at him until he gets the message. From time to time they will look over at me as if to suggest that I speak up and let him know that they are asking to go out. Macon has been staying very close to him the last couple of days. He and Rocky compete for the space on the couch by Jerry's side. But Rocky will sleep in Jerry's place at the table if he can't get on the couch. Barney usually Stays near me. 
 

For dinner tonight, I'm going to  cook in the crock pot. I'll cut up a large potatoes and put it in the bottom of the pot, then open a can of green beans and pour that in, then I'll cut up a smoked beef sausage and lay that on top of everything and let it cook on low for a few hours.  I picked up some Sugar Free Puddings and will fix one of those for our dessert tonight
 
 

I am hearing...  Jerry stirring about in the bedroom. Getting dressed for the day, I'm guessing. Rain on the roof of the camper. The fan of the heater, from time to time.   my phone clicking from it picking up a facebook posting or from an email that has been delivered into my mail box. 
 

I am wearing...  Dark Blue sweat pants and a tan top. I need to pick out some earrings to wear for the day.
 
   

I am thinking...  about what to try to get done today. I want to make something but everything takes up a lot of room to work on.  I have many projects and not one has been worked on this month. The month has gotten away from me, again.
 

I am thankful for...  Jerry not having to work in this messy rain and that he didn't have to work when it snowed last weekend. As much as we need the paycheck, it's nice that he was home. I am also thankful that today it's rain and not snow, because it would be close to 12 inches of snow if it wasn't rain.
 
 

I am hoping...  That the Weather stays on the warm side and that it will dry up soon. I am also hoping that Jerry finds another job this week. Jerry needs the rest, to be sure, but he is never completely comfortable at home when he knows we have things to take care of.
 
 

I am creating...  I have been working on just getting something started again. I finished coloring a stylized tree and put it in my crafts book. I need to print off a couple of pictures to go into my book and get it caught up.
 
 
 
     
 
  
 
A few plans for today... sort the laundry, do the dishes, start dinner, clean off all the table tops, work on a craft
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...  support Jerry on his job hunt.
 
 
 


May your day be blessed and full of love.
May you find joy in the small things of the day
May you find something to smile about today.


Billie C.

No comments: